Position Title: Special Events & Stewardship Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
Department: Metro Administration
Branch: Association Offices
Date: October 2018
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The YMCA of Austin is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 60,000 members and 30,000 program participants every year. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promote strong families, youth leadership, and community development.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives.
The Special Events and Stewardship Coordinator is an invaluable role crucial to advancing the efforts and success of both the Annual Giving Campaign and Capital Campaign. Working directly with the Vice President of Development and the Director of Annual Giving, this position will oversee and/or provide significant support for all philanthropic events for the organization. This position will also implement and facilitate thoughtful stewardship experiences for current and prospective donors. This person also participates in prospect identification, donor research, cultivation, solicitation and overall general stewardship of donors at all levels.
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be a top priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of members, program participants, volunteers, and all people associated with the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner.
Job Responsibilities –
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Support all major philanthropic events, trainings and conferences, taking the lead on certain event coordination and execution of logistics, including volunteer management, and effectively working within budgetary constraints.
- Oversee at least one mid-year stewardship event for major donors (i.e., Olympic Day Breakfast). Provide direction for event, execution of logistics, coordination of volunteers, and post-event follow up.
- In collaboration with the development department, oversee the annual Thanksgiving Fellowship Breakfast. Provide direction for event, execution of logistics, coordination of volunteers, and post-event follow up.
- Working with the Director of Annual Giving, provide logistical support and strategic insight for Annual Giving Campaign trainings for both staff and volunteers.
- Under the guidance of the Vice President of Development and in coordination with Volunteer Chairs, work alongside staff to provide logistical support for the Capital Campaign fundraising event.
- Oversee the Annual Giving Campaign Kick Off and Victory events, as well as an Amplify Austin event, when applicable. Provide direction for events, execution of logistics, coordination of volunteers, and post-event follow up.
- Provide direct leadership for implementing donor stewardship strategies for donors ensuring prompt acknowledgement of gifts, quality ongoing stewardship communications, meaningful donor engagement and accurate tracking of donor relationship activities in Raisers Edge.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to analyze donor information in order to create and facilitate thoughtful and intentional stewardship and cultivation experiences for specific segmentations of donor base, including but not limited to, major donors, first time givers, sustaining givers, staff donors, and prospective donors.
- Ensure deliverables for major donors and corporate sponsors are fulfilled and tracked in database.
- Coordinate with the development, communication and marketing teams to develop and implement donor communication plans, including written and online communication, donor publications, monthly impact emails, “Cause Conversation” tabling at branches, and other stewardship materials as applicable.
- Working with the communications and marketing team, design and produce one mid-year stewardship printed piece to be distributed to donors, reflecting their donation’s impact.
- Working with the development, communications and marketing teams, develop new visual materials and videos for the Annual Giving Campaign to reach current, new and prospective donors.
- Monitor stewardship and fundraising activities across the association, working closely with branch liaisons to help with their success.
- Working with the Database coordinator, ensure that gifts are entered accurately and in a timely manner, and that donation acknowledgment letters are generated, approved, and sent out promptly within two to four business days of the gift's receipt.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, provide training and ongoing guidance for the Database Coordinator to ensure data accuracy in order to best steward donors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in strongly preferred.
- Experience -Three years of experience in financial development.
- Certifications - Bloodborne Pathogens and Child Abuse Prevention trainings provided by the YMCA, must be completed before day one.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with, and understanding of related fundraising software management programs (Raisers Edge experience preferred).
The pay range for this position is $16.00 - $17.00 per hour, depending on experience with full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance plus employer matched retirement upon reaching eligibility.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.AustinYMCAJobs.org