Position Title: Database Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
Department: Metro Administration
Branch: Metropolitan Office
Classification: Full time, non-exempt|
Hourly Rate Range: $16.00 - $18.00
The YMCA of Austin is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 60,000 members and 30,000 program participants every year. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promote strong families, youth leadership, and community development.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives
The Database Coordinator manages gift and pledge entry for all charitable contributions made to the YMCA of Austin, including those for the Capital Campaign, Annual Giving Campaign, and Grants. This role maintains the accuracy, updating, and tracking of all donor information and data. The Coordinator works with senior leadership in the development department to effectively utilize donor data to advance the philanthropic efforts of the organization through prospecting, research and reporting.
- Passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional accuracy.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in data entry.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundraising software management programs (Raisers Edge experience preferred).
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Responsible for entering gifts and pledges into the Raiser's Edge database software, maintaining accuracy of donor information.
- Ensure gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner, and that letters are generated, approved and sent out promptly within two to four business days of the gift’s receipt.
- Manage the collections process, producing monthly and annual pledge reminders, coordinate with branch liaisons to facilitate fulfillment of pledges.
- Responsible for weekly deposits of cash and checks, overseeing accuracy of donation entry and facilitating secure transfer of funds to bank.
- Maintain organized filing of pledge and gift back up both physically and electronically. Work with Finance Director during annual audit to provide relevant information as needed.
- Under the direction of the Senior Development Director and Director of Annual Giving, conduct prospect research for the Annual Giving Campaign and Capital Campaign.
- Produce monthly financial reporting to Finance department reflecting gift distribution.
- Produce analytical reporting, including but not limited to post-campaign data reflecting retention rates, member giving, year-to-year comparisons, etc.
- Working with development team, utilize Raiser’s Edge database to analyze donor information in order to facilitate thoughtful and intentional stewardship and cultivation experiences for specific segmentations of donor base.
- Utilize multiple databases and tools (Daxko, Luminate, RE NXT, Raiser’s Edge, BBMS) to ensure accurate gift entry and reporting.
- Streamline existing processes and procedures; create new processes as needed in order to maintain accuracy and efficiency of data management.
- Stay up to date with federal, state and industry standards and requirements to maintain transparency and accountability to donors.
- Continue to gain database knowledge and expertise through trainings and classes as available.
Hourly rate between $16.00 to $18.00, and full benefits package including dental, vision, health insurance and employer matched retirement plan upon reaching eligibility.