We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently hiring a Communications & Content Manager that responsible for the development of We Are Blood’s external communications and content across all platforms, ensuring the brand is engaging and consistent.
- Plan, develop, execute, and maintain communication efforts in support of Community Engagement initiatives; including writing, image creation, and video creation.
- Ensure consistency in brand identity across communications platforms.
- Plan, develop, and manage the communications and content calendar including newsletters, blogs, social media, website, educational materials, emails, text messages and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with all departments to understand, elevate and share organizational stories with the community.
- Provide and manage ongoing evaluation of communications for effectiveness. Develop, track and report on specific metrics and goals.
- Coordinate the production, printing, and distribution of materials.
- Manage communication and content related vendor relationships.
- Manage CRM software systems utilized by the Community Engagement team.
- Participate in organization’s media on-call schedule.
- Support all other WrB departments with communication and design needs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising or Journalism. Will accept 7+ years related experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, marketing, content creation, social media management, advertising, public relations or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A high degree of creativity and vision to deliver new innovative solutions and ideas.
- An aesthetic eye and the ability to make content across all platforms creative and engaging.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Experience developing and implementing a strategic communication plan.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to self-start, organize and prioritize under changing conditions.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within a team.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of desktop publishing, especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office.
- Graphic design experience
- Proficient in WordPress
- Experience with SEO
- Experience doing live TV and radio interviews
- Must be able to process information and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Texas driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of liability insurance.
To apply, send your Cover Letter & Resume to: Resumes@tcms.com.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled