How This Role Advances Our Mission: The Christi Center has a vision of a community where no one has to grieve alone after the death of a loved one, and we’ve been quietly working towards that goal for over 32 years. Now we’re ready to get a little louder and we need a Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator to help us!
We’re a small but mighty team, and we’re looking for our newest member to help us get the word out about our free, ongoing grief support services and education on grief and bereavement. This position helps provide a warm welcome and support to our dedicated volunteers; high-quality events for our clients, donors and other supporters; and friendly, approachable communications to build community awareness about what we really do. We know grief is an unusual thing to be passionate about – but we’ve got a team of people who believe in our mission and we’re looking to add just the right person to it. The ideal candidate is compassionate, creative, flexible, collaborative, self-starting, and a people-person who is an excellent communicator. As part of our organization, you can expect to experience a sense of hope and connection, a positive and forward-thinking team, flexibility in work hours, and opportunities to grow with the organization.
About Us: We are experts on grief and bereavement, helping people who are adjusting to life after the death of a loved one find healing and new purpose.
As part of our organization, you can expect to experience a sense of hope and connection, a positive and forward-thinking team, flexibility in work hours, and opportunities to grow with the organization.
Position Description: The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the Development Director and Executive Director to support our volunteer management and annual fundraising and marketing/communications efforts. The position reports to the Development Director.
The ideal candidate has:
- A heart for our mission
- A love of people and a connector philosophy
- A customer service attitude
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivation and self-direction, with strong time management skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to think strategically
- Grace under pressure and the ability to pivot quickly
- Experience volunteering
- An appreciation for the team
- Flexibility to work on evenings/weekends at least twice a month
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years in a development/fundraising or volunteer management role (but we’re willing to be flexible on this for just the right person)
See full description at http://christicenter.org/about-us/careers/
Pay Range: $15-$17/hr, 20 hours a week
To apply, send a resume and cover letter detailing your interests and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13th. Ideal start date is Monday, June 3rd.