Our Ideal Candidate:
- Mission-driven and prepared to work urgently toward closing the opportunity gap and ending educational inequity in our community.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse people and have experience with creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing and driving a team towards outcomes.
- Experience interacting with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record with development for a non-profit organization.
- Ability to multitask, including prioritizing time for strategic planning while simultaneously responding to urgent and important demands.
- Clear communication and strong writing skills in English, required, and Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to raise money through traditional and non-traditional strategies, and eagerness to come up with new, innovate impact and development models.
- Familiarity with outcomes-oriented and research-based non-profit program models, preferred.
The Development Director will be responsible for managing the organization’s effort to:
- Raise sufficient funds to sustain operating budget with support from the Board and Leadership Team.
- Project manage and lead table sales for annual gala in September (initial sales for 2018 gala currently underway)
- Work with Executive Director and Communications and Development Manager to expand the Board of Directors and strengthen existing board relationships.
- Work with the Board and Leadership Team to develop annual fundraising goals and benchmarks.
- Research/identify donor prospects and create/manage cultivation plans
- Maintain relationships with existing funders, private foundations, public agencies, individual donors, and earned revenue clients.
- Collaborate with and manage others to create and execute a strategic plan for development.
- Manage donor database to ensure all appropriate follow-up, thank you letters, upcoming cultivation/stewardship opportunities are leveraged
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Research, cultivate and close corporate gifts
- Manage monthly giving program and create annual plan to to increase membership
Benefits from Working with Our Team & Community:
- Broaden your impact by being a member of a growing nonprofit organization.
- Become part of a close-knit team that uses goal-setting, reflection, and mentoring to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary for success.
- Family-friendly work environment with paid vacation package as well as option for flexible work arrangements.
- Employer-paid healthcare coverage.
- A collaborative, supportive, and joyful team and community.
- Reports to: CEO
- Supervises: independent contractors
- Supports: CEO and program directors
- Collaborates & communications with: board members, partners, vendors, donors and grantors.
- Step One: Submit an application that includes the following components:
- 1-Page Cover letter
- Salary Expectations and 3-5 year salary history
Notes: Please submit the resume and cover letter as a single attachment. E-mail it to email@example.com with the subject line: YOUR LAST NAME – Development Director Application.
- Step Two: Selected candidates will be invited to the semifinal round, which includes completing performance task related to the roles and responsibilities of the position. Final details of what to expect during this round will be sent to selected participants.
- Step Three: Upon completion of the semifinal round, selected candidates will be invited to the final round. The final round will consist of an interview with the selection committee.
- Final Verification: Reference check.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
The Hispanic Alliance is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.