The Hispanic Alliance is seeking a well-rounded individual to join the team as a Development Assistant. This individual will be involved in in all facets of The Hispanic Alliance’s administrative and fundraising operations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Mission-driven and prepared to work urgently toward closing the opportunity gap and ending educational inequity in our community.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse people and have experience with creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
- An exceptional writer and communicator
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; may be substituted by experience.
- At least two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with Salesforce or other fundraising database preferred.
- Proficiency on Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and Google drive required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to project manage tasks from all three of The Hispanic Alliance’s programs.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Weekend and evening availability for events and classes.
- Responsible for timely and accurate receipt and processing of invoices, bills and administrative documents for CEO review, payment approval and filing to support organization financial and contract management.
- Coordinates Board meeting logistics and creation of Board meeting materials.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date distribution lists, member lists, etc.
- Creates and manages office files, both paper and electronic.
- Manages donation acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes,updating salesforce and any other record keeping).
- Assist with logistics of organization-sponsored meetings as requested, e.g.,special events/concerts, classes, annual gala, etc.
- Reports to: President/CEO
- Supervises: none
- Supports: All Staff and Board Members
- Peer and external collaboration/communicates with: Board members, partners, vendors, donors and grantors.
Benefits from Working with Our Team & Community:
- Broaden your impact by being a member of a growing nonprofit organization.
- Become part of a close-knit team that uses goal-setting, reflection, and mentoring to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary for success.
- Family-friendly work environment with paid vacation package as well as option for flexible work arrangements.
- Employer-paid healthcare coverage.
- A collaborative, supportive, and joyful team and community.
- Step One: Submit an application that includes the following components:
- 1-Page Cover letter
- Salary Expectations and 3-5 year salary history
Notes: Please submit the resume and cover letter as a single attachment. E-mail it to email@example.com with the subject line: YOUR LAST NAME – Development Assisant Application.
- Step Two: Selected candidates will be invited to the semifinal round, which includes completing performance task related to the roles and responsibilities of the position. Final details of what to expect during this round will be sent to selected participants.
- Step Three: Upon completion of the semifinal round, selected candidates will be invited to the final round. The final round will consist of an interview with the selection committee.
- Final Verification: Reference check.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
The Hispanic Alliance is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.