TNOYS is a small but statewide nonprofit with an important mission. We are looking for the right candidate to support our team and help us build capacity to take our work to the next level. Our mission is to strengthen, support, and protect critical services for youth and their families to ensure their success. Our members provide services including family counseling, crisis intervention, foster care, street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living, youth development, and more.
Position Title: Development Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Overview: TNOYS is seeking a full-time Development Manager. Responsibilities will include managing and helping implement the organization’s fundraising plan in order to ensure that goals are met. TNOYS staff work remotely. Candidates may reside anywhere in Texas, with a preference for Austin, Houston, and Dallas areas.
Grants Planning and Grant Writing
- Conduct research on grant opportunities and deadlines and support the Executive Director in developing relationships with prospective funders.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and contracted support on the development of grant proposals and related materials.
Conference Planning and Coordination
- Work in close collaboration with TNOYS program staff and conference committee to plan and coordinate the TNOYS Annual Conference on Services for Youth and Families.
- Support the work of the leadership conference planning committee to plan and coordinate an annual Leadership Conference for executives and other administrators of youth-serving organizations.
- Manage activities to secure sponsors and exhibitors for both conferences.
- Pro-actively build relationships with prospective sponsors and exhibitors.
- Coordinate with TNOYS’ communications consultant to promote the conference, including conference registration.
Membership Program Outreach
- Plan and coordinate TNOYS’ annual membership campaign, including development and distribution of promotional materials.
- Conduct direct membership outreach and identify opportunities for TNOYS staff to promote membership throughout the year.
- Work in collaboration with TNOYS leadership and staff to develop and promote fee-for-service training and consultation services.
- Plan and coordinate training events, including workshops and webinars.
- A demonstrated self-starter who takes initiative without close supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience with successful planning and coordination of events, including small events and large conferences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and to routinely manage multiple priorities. Must enjoy working in a highly creative, collaborative, fast-paced, and professional culture, emphasizing teamwork and excellence.
- Comfort working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Gmail and G Suite, video call technology, and more. We work remotely, so the qualified candidate is self-sufficient with technology and needs minimal tech support.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Texas for events and meetings throughout the year.
- Passion for supporting organizations that serve youth and families.
- Several years of formal development or fundraising experience is a strong plus but is not required.
Position Type: This will be full-time, exempt salaried staff position. The position will report to the TNOYS Executive Director. TNOYS staff work remotely but are expected to attend meetings and events regularly. Health insurance coverage and generous leave benefits will be provided, as well as support for phone service and internet access. Texas Network of Youth Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.