Mission Capital is seeking a Social Venture Partner (SVP) Manager to join our Consulting Services Team. SVP International is a global network which cultivates effective philanthropists, strengthens nonprofits, and invests in collaborative solutions to tackle our communities’ social challenges. The SVP Manager will lead the SVP chapter for Central Texas, which is integrated within Mission Capital and works alongside our staff and board to deliver on our mission to equip and connect mission-driven leaders, organizations and networks working to advance equity and opportunity.
The ideal candidate is an insightful project manager and an outstanding communicator who will bring relationship/volunteer management skills to effectively manage and grow the SVP programs, impact and sustainability. This individual will also bring experience in data-driven decision making, program implementation, business development and financial oversight. Knowledge of the Central Texas social sector and nonprofit community, and a demonstrated passion for solving community problems are key desired attributes.
The SVP Manager will lead the SVP program as follows: execute SVP strategy, implement SVP programs and events, integrate SVP with other Mission Capital business lines, create and manage SVP budget, oversee SVP Advisory Council and other SVP teams, engage and strategically support recruitment, retention and stewardship of SVPs, and serve as a representative to Social Venture Partners International. The SVP Manager will contribute as a thought partner with the Mission Capital team.
About Mission Capital
You’re on a mission. You’re invested in our community. You want to be part of something meaningful. You want to see change happen. So do we. Mission Capital provides the networks, tools, and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. We combine human, financial, intellectual, social, and political capital to fuel the work of nonprofits, funders, philanthropists, businesses, and government.
Last year we worked alongside dozens of nonprofits and organizations, provided training to more than 1,500 professionals, engaged thousands more through our online membership community, and provided a variety of other services that contribute to solving complex community problems.
We have a healthy organizational culture that values collaboration, service excellence, trust, learning, innovation and connectedness. Our dedicated staff of professionals has contributed to our strong growth over the past four years. We are embarking on a new strategic plan to center equity in our work -- click here for more info about Mission Capital.
• Aligned values and beliefs with the mission of Mission Capital and a strong understanding of the Central Texas nonprofit community
• A combination of education and experience in program design and management, relationship building, volunteer management, corporate partnerships and fundraising, business development, strategic implementation, and financial management (P&L budget management and forecasting)
• Proven record of leading diverse and complex projects to successful completion on time and on budget
• Experience with public speaking and group facilitation for clients and/or community leaders
• A respectful, inclusive and collaborative approach to fostering partnerships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
• Proven ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, fluid environment with multiple goals and deadlines
• High emotional intelligence
• Extensive knowledge of the Central Texas nonprofit landscape
• Background in business, marketing, social entrepreneurship or related program
• Experience working across sectors (nonprofit, philanthropy, business, government)
• Leadership experience on nonprofit boards and/or committees
• Skills in Salesforce, Microsoft Office
• Qualities include: self-motivated, results-oriented, strong problem solver, analytical, systems thinker, innovative, and collaborative
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Program Management and Implementation (50%)
• Lead and execute SVP strategy, aligned with Mission Capital (MC) strategy
• Design, develop, execute and evaluate SVP programs (e.g., SVP Connect, Impact Academy)
• Plan and coordinate MC programs with SVP engagement (e.g., Revenue Generator)
• Integrate SVPs with MC business lines (Consulting, Membership, L&L, AI) and grant opportunities; post opportunities for SVPs to engage, and have SVPs help drive business back into MC
• Manage SVP P&L, budget, forecasts, investment priorities
SVP Volunteer Recruitment, Engagement and Retention (30%)
• Oversee SVP Advisory Council, Partner Teams, and Working Groups (e.g., SVP Funding)
• Manage partner recruitment, onboarding, renewals, in partnership with SVP Advisory Council
• Diversify SVP network to reflect our commitment to equity & inclusion.
SVP Strategic Partnerships (10%)
• Manage strategic SVP relationships
• Cultivate corporate and foundation partnerships and sponsorships
• Achieve revenue and fundraising goals to support sustainability of SVP programs, in partnership with overall MC fundraising
Communication/Community Engagement (10%)
• Be primary interface to MC staff on SVP-related items; linkage to Board is via SVP Advisory Council
• Be program interface to SVPI; manage affiliate tasks
• Manage SVP communication strategy in partnership with Marketing/Communications
• Other duties as assigned
Mission Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Mission Capital recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information or gender identity. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including, but not limited to: people of color, LGBTQ-identifying people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
We have a clear vision: A Central Texas where all have access to opportunity and can thrive; and we believe that begins with us.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We pledge to provide an environment of mutual respect where equitable opportunities are available to all and staff feel comfortable being their authentic selves.
We are committed to addressing systemic issues and inequities and are focused on advancing equity in our work both internally and externally. We have courageous conversations, apply a race equity lens to our work and hold ourselves accountable to the mistakes we will make by learning from them and correcting course with enhanced understanding.
To apply, please submit the following as PDFs through this online application (see the button at the top of this page that says "Apply for This Job!"):
- Cover letter
- Three references (Your references will not be contacted before you are informed).
You can find more here: http://missioncapital.mytribehr.com/careers/view/55