We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated local food lover who is eager to gain experience in nonprofit fundraising, marketing, and communications.
Assist the Development/Communications Team with daily tasks and projects
Research prospective donors (including individuals, foundation grants, corporate sponsors, for example)
- Manage data entry and analysis related to SFC’s fundraising goals and strategies.
- Assist in producing marketing collateral materials such as postcards, invitations, flyers, etc.
- Help plan and coordinate special events.
- Merchandise management
- Participate in development and communications meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as time is available.
- Degree or coursework in public relations, marketing, communications, business administration, non-profit management, or related fields preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and high energy level.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, & other Cloud-based office tools (Google Suite, e.g.)
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop & InDesign highly desired.
- Competency creating content for social media – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Ability and comfort in representing Sustainable Food Center publicly.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.