This is a full-time position with the primary responsibility of ensuring client finances are presented accurately and efficiently. The Finance Coordinator executes daily bookkeeping tasks, primarily including recording daily transactions and maintaining the accuracy of payments in QuickBooks. This person will ensure all income and expense transactions are recorded and prepare the books to be reconciled by the start of each new month. This individual may also assist with administrative functions such as recording event registrations, processing group payments, and monitoring budget progress.
Strategic Association Management - Finance Coordinator
The Finance Coordinator must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other employees in a fast-paced, flexible environment. The focus of this job is on producing high-quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise consistent work output is essential, requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time, while also juggling multiple priorities. Consistent error-free work, based on defined regulations and standards, are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on-time and error-free.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position Responsibilities may include the following:
• Ensure income and expenses are processed in an appropriate time frame, and prepare checks upon receiving approval to pay invoices
• Record income and expense transactions in the client’s bookkeeping tool daily
• Record invoices for members and constituents as requested (accounts receivable)
• Ensure vendor invoices are processed twice a month at a minimum (accounts payable)
• Record income received both via online credit card processing and mailed cash and checks
• Prepare records for monthly account reconciliation
• Assist with assembling files and information required to complete annual client audits and tax returns
• At times, run monthly financial reports for clients
• Record dental claims in appropriate database and prepare weekly reports of payables
• Maintain confidentiality of SAM clients’/associations’ information
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
• Document processes for all tasks performed
• Perform office duties as assigned, which could include retrieving mail, supporting IT efforts, purchasing office supplies, etc.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks as needed
Experience & Skills Required and Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in finance or bookkeeping position or related field
• Knowledge of QuickBooks; knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• A "rolled-up sleeves/get it done" approach to work and role
• Detail-oriented, with strong, effective organizational, problem solving and time-management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and adaptable to change, and work both independently and as a strong team player
• Must be comfortable in a completely open and flexible office space environment
• Competitive salary range, based on comparable small staff nonprofits/associations
• Comprehensive benefits including health insurance plan with significant company contribution, access to dental/vision insurance and retirement program match
• Standard Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays policies
• Ongoing training, assistance and opportunities for career development
• Company sponsored volunteer opportunities
• Regular staff outings and team-building gatherings
• Corporate culture that exemplifies our core values: Build Trust, Seek Clarity, Stay Curious, Champion Growth and Practice Empathy
Application Instructions *
Join Our Team: Two Steps to Apply
1. Email a cover letter of interest and current résumé to email@example.com
2. All applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment.
To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/X2G5
Do you like this post?