Strategic Association Management (SAM) is an association management company (AMC) serving a diverse array of clientele. An AMC handles the day-to-day operations and provides professional management services for association and non-profit organizations. At SAM, our mission is to provide high-level services to our clients, with a focus on customer service. SAM works with over 17 organizations, which range from local to international in scope. The organizations are trade associations, philanthropic non-profits and professional societies.
The Programs Coordinator position will work directly with one of SAM’s clients, the Capital Area Dental Foundation (CADF).
CADF’s mission is to transform lives in Central Texas with healthy smiles by offering life-changing access to charitable dental care. CADF achieves this by forming strategic partnerships and developing programs that connect volunteer dentists with the people in the community who need dental care most.
This position serves as the connector between the volunteer dentists and the patients in need. The person in this position will assist in handling the day to day operations of the dental programs such as: phone calls and emails related to case management, database entries and reporting, volunteer recruitment/retention, committee meetings, etc.
If you are seeking a fulfilling role that will give you the opportunity to change the lives of people in need, as well as provide opportunities for others to give back to our community, this is the position for you.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality detailed work based on established standards guidelines and procedures. Precise consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. The job environment is stable, based on known relationships with people and well-defined processes. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers.
Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinate CADF programs and case management efforts and services. Duties include:
- Serve as the primary case manager for the Capital Area Dental Foundation programs
- Supervise the management of the patients through the treatment process from intake to completion
- Connect the patients in need to the appropriate volunteer dental provider
- Be in consistent communication with the volunteer dentists and their office staff. Ensure they are educated on the programs and are following the policies and procedures
- Identify new programs as opportunities and ideas arise
- Be proactive about strengthening strategic community relationships
Support in database and reporting services. Duties include:
- Maintain program database(s)
- Input of claims, referrals, and other needed information into the database(s) in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare program reports as required through the database and/or Microsoft Excel
CADF partner relations. Duties include:
- Develop meaningful relationships with CADF volunteers
- Ensure consistent and clear communications to CADF partners
- Provide support to committees and work to develop / implement committee ideas and strategies
- Attend meetings as necessary with CADF staff/board members and partner staff/board members
Support in provider retention and recruitment. Duties include:
- Educate new providers and their staff consistently. Utilize email, volunteer packets, phone calls, video trainings, in person meetings
- Ensure that all dental providers (old and new volunteers) feel appreciated and valued to the organization through personalized recognition, event partnerships, staff appreciation, quality time investments
- Provide assistance and necessary information to be able to gain more volunteers
Support in events coordination. Duties include:
- Work closely with ED, Programs and Events Manager, and partners on securing dental events for our volunteers to participate in
- Help facilitate strategic relationships and partnerships with community leaders, organizations, and funders
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and executing events
- Maintain donated care records, patient information, and volunteer involvement
- Ensure continued care for patients after events
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to CADF partners
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Assist with pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
Support in coordination of meetings and volunteers. Duties include:
- Assist in creating agendas, minutes and other materials for all Board, Executive Committee, and Access to Care Committee meetings
- Meet via phone with Access to Care Committee Chairman bi-monthly to discuss key items relating to programs, committee agendas, and the organization overall
Support in coordination of communications and development services. Duties include:
- Collect and provide impactful quotes or stories to communications and development staff
- Assist with the patient spotlight video
- Work closely with Executive Director on growing financial support for events and programs
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field with 2+ years in nonprofit case management or programs coordination
- Database management, specifically knowledge of FileMaker Pro
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Outstanding in-person, phone and email communication skills
- Experience/Knowledge related to working in the health and/or dental field preferred
- Comfort working with a diverse patient population
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks
- High attention to detail with ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Self-driven and flexible to change
- Experience with Mac OS
- Bilingual in Spanish-English preferred
Regularly required to type, write, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The job description may change at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary, with appropriate notification.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com