Mission Capital is seeking a Consulting Services Coordinator to join our Consulting Services Team. Since 2001, Mission Capital has provided nonprofit consulting services to organizations throughout Central Texas. We know the challenges non-profits face and how to best address them.
As a team, we bring a unique, holistic perspective into the social sector. Our approach is guided by nationally-recognized best practices and the most up-to-date research. We have a team of experts in every practice area of nonprofit management, including strategic planning, board development, change management, organizational dynamics, mergers and more.
The Consulting Services Coordinator will join the efforts of staff and board to deliver on our mission to equip and connect mission-driven leaders, organizations and networks working to advance equity and opportunity. Supervised by the Director of Consulting Services, this new role will work closely with the entire Consulting team and oftentimes with others within the broader organization.
The ideal candidate is excited about working at Mission Capital and possesses a strong desire to gain experience in nonprofit consulting and to learn and grow within the nonprofit sector. This individual will bring a strong customer service orientation and project management skills to support a high-functioning team of consultants. The ideal candidate will also be flexible in nature and enjoy switching between projects and activities.
About Mission Capital
You’re on a mission. You’re invested in our community. You want to be part of something meaningful. You want to see change happen. So do we. Mission Capital provides the networks, tools, and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. We combine human, financial, intellectual, social, and political capital to fuel the work of nonprofits, funders, philanthropists, businesses, and government.
Last year we worked alongside dozens of nonprofits and organizations, provided training to more than 1,500 professionals, engaged thousands more through our online membership community, and provided a variety of other services that contribute to solving complex community problems.
We have a healthy organizational culture that values collaboration, service excellence, trust, learning, innovation and connectedness. Our dedicated staff of professionals has contributed to our strong growth over the past four years. We are embarking on a new strategic plan to center equity in our work -- see https://www.missioncapital.org/who-we-are/ for more info about Mission Capital.
- Understands and values equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Aligned values and beliefs with the mission of Mission Capital and a strong interest in learning about the Central Texas nonprofit community
- A combination of education and experience in project management, customer service relations, and administrative support.
- Proven record of supporting high-functioning teams and managing multiple projects.
- A respectful, inclusive and collaborative approach to fostering partnerships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, fluid environment with multiple goals and deadlines
- High emotional intelligence
- Working knowledge of the Central Texas nonprofit landscape
- Background in business, marketing, consulting, or related areas of expertise
- Skills in Salesforce, Microsoft Office, project management software
- Qualities include: self-motivated, results-oriented, strong problem solver, analytical, systems thinker, innovative, and collaborative
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Consulting Services Support (80%)
- Serve as first point of contact for all incoming consulting inquiries
- Arrange logistics for consulting client events
- Provide support to consultants for project specific deliverables including surveys, scheduling, data analysis, and benchmarking.
- Provide administrative services to support consulting team including project evaluations, contract processing, and proposal development as well as assisting with business development for the department.
- Attend client engagements and provide on-site support
- Support coordination of cross-functional team initiatives including Strategy and Sustainability and Revenue Generator.
Professional Development and Equity Learning Participation (10%)
- Attend 2-day Beyond Diversity: Courageous Conversations about Race workshop
- Attend up to 3 Mission Capital leadership trainings, such as the Next Level Leadership Academy.
- Identify and participate in other professional development opportunities as identified by the Coordinator with support from the Director of Consulting Services
- Participate as a full member of the Mission Capital team, adhering to core values
- Attend all-staff meetings, participate at Mission Capital events, and coordinate collaborative activities with other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Mission Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Mission Capital recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information or gender identity. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including, but not limited to: people of color, LGBTQ-identifying people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
We have a clear vision: A Central Texas where all have access to opportunity and can thrive; and we believe that begins with us.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We pledge to provide an environment of mutual respect where equitable opportunities are available to all and staff feel comfortable being their authentic selves.
We are committed to addressing systemic issues and inequities and are focused on advancing equity in our work both internally and externally. We have courageous conversations, apply a race equity lens to our work and hold ourselves accountable to the mistakes we will make by learning from them and correcting course with enhanced understanding.
To apply, please submit the following as PDFs through this online application (see the button at the top of this page that says "Apply for This Job!"):
- Cover letter
- Three references (Your references will not be contacted before you are informed).