The Senior Graphic Designer will bring the Moody College of Communication brand to life visually by creating and executing graphic design in print and digital environments.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communication team, Dean’s Office, Development, and others in Moody College to develop and execute a broad range of print and digital concepts and designs including brochures, one-pagers, websites, email, e-newsletters, templates, ads, graphics, presentations, signage, invitations and more.
- Translate marketing and communication objectives into creative, on-brand concepts through final deliverables that visually tell the Moody College story. With superior design, technical, and editing skills, along with strong attention to detail, the senior graphic designer will stay true to the Moody College brand but evolve and grow to stay fresh and relevant to a variety of audiences.
- Plan, manage and execute projects by setting and maintaining production schedules with clients, internal team and external partners or vendors. Work closely with printers, photographers, videographers and other vendors or service providers to assure quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Communicate effectively and consult with immediate supervisor and others, including clients throughout the design process. Monitor and assist in prioritizing multiple projects.
- Use design software to create and modify layouts, design elements and photography. Prepare designs and files for both print and digital delivery. Utilize design best practices and current software and technology tools including the Adobe Creative Suite, digital design tools such as Adobe XD or Sketch for team projects and provide advice to college clients on design, brand guidelines and visual presentation.
- Other functions as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Three years of experience in graphic design and production. Must have strong communication and project management skills along with demonstrated experience as a team player with a positive attitude. Experience using industry standard tools, a personal computer and other standard office equipment. Advanced skill in the use of the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) to produce layouts, create designs and design elements, and to manipulate and incorporate photography/motion into designs. Basic knowledge of HTML. Demonstrated ability as an organized self-starter able to juggle multiple projects within a team environment to meet target dates. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than five years of experience in graphic design and production. Advanced understanding of production methods for promotional items, digital and offset printing. Demonstrated ability to concept and execute creative design solutions that comply with organizational style guidelines and brand policies. Experience designing for communications campaigns across various media and channels. Demonstrated passion for exploring new tools, techniques and technologies to create compelling experiences for target audiences. Experience creating and designing responsive, standards-compliant and accessible webpages, and/or other interactive digital experiences. Experience in the production of responsive HTML email templates. Experience working with and producing information for prospective students, faculty, staff, donors and friends of a college or university.
To apply: Visit the job posting here: https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UTstaff/job/UT-MAIN-CAMPUS/Senior-Graphic-Designer_R_00004099