SAM is seeking a new team member to fill a Programs Coordinator role. This is a full-time position with the primary responsibility for working closely with client account leads and teams to provide coordination for a wide variety of SAM client programs. This particular coordinator role will be allocated to work directly with one of SAM’s clients, the Capital Area Dental Foundation (CADF). CADF’s mission is to transform lives in Central Texas with healthy smiles by offering life-changing access to charitable dental care. CADF achieves this by forming strategic partnerships and developing programs that connect volunteer dentists with the people in the community who need dental care most. This position serves as the connector between the volunteer dentists and the patients in need. The person in this position will assist in handling the day to day operations of the dental programs such as: phone calls and emails related to case management, database entries and reporting, volunteer recruitment/retention, committee meetings, etc.
The Programs Coordinator must be a skilled project manager who is self-motivated and demonstrates the ability to collaborate with other employees in fast-paced, flexible environment. The focus of this job is on producing high quality detailed work based on established standards guidelines and procedures. Precise consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field with 2+ years in nonprofit case management or programs coordination
- Database management, specifically knowledge of FileMaker Pro
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (in-person, phone and email communication)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfort working with a diverse patient population
- Experience/Knowledge related to working in the health and/or dental field preferred
- Experience with Mac OS
- Experience with web-based CRM or AMS Software/Management System
- Bilingual skills (Spanish-English) highly desirable
Ideal candidate characteristics
- Highly developed organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to balance independent work with team collaboration
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks
- Works well in fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in an environment with competing priorities
- Willingness to seek, provide and accept feedback
- Self-driven and flexible to change
- Competitive salary range for organization size
- Excellent benefits, including employee health insurance support; paid time off; employer-matching retirement fund; support for professional development/growth
To apply, please provide a letter of interest, current résumé and salary history by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, before the application is considered complete, all applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment. To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oZ8z
Strategic Association Management (SAM) is an association management company (AMC) serving a diverse array of clientele. An AMC handles the day-to-day operations and provides professional management services for association and non-profit organizations. SAM currently manages more than 17 organizations, ranging in scope from local to international, including professional societies, trade associations, and philanthropic non-profits.
Information will be accepted until position is filled.