Strategic Association Management (SAM) is an association management company (AMC) serving a diverse array of clientele. An AMC handles the day-to-day operations and provides professional management services for association and non-profit organizations. SAM currently manages more than 15 organizations, ranging in scope from local to international, including professional societies, trade associations, and philanthropic non-profits.
SAM is seeking a new team member to fill the role of Communications Manager. This is a full-time position with the primary responsibility for the comprehensive management of a wide array of communications efforts for various association partners. The primary responsibilities include: development of effective messaging and branding; designing, implementing and maintaining designated association websites; providing effective and timely communication to all stakeholders; developing and managing collateral and literature; and managing all elements of technology infrastructure as it relates to designated associations.
The Communications Manager must be a skilled project manager who is self-motivated and demonstrates the ability to collaborate with other employees in fast-paced, flexible environment. Attention to detail and excellent time management skills are essential in this position. The focus of this job centers around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised. Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, this job requires imagination and strong problem-solving skills, but with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas and all of that in an organized and self-disciplined way. Getting the job done and getting it done right are the two, equal, drivers for this job. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of marketing, web and/or print design experience
- Experience working with social media and mobile applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong editorial and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite or similar product
- Basic layout/graphic design experience
- Limited travel/overnight stays outside of Austin to support events is required
- Membership association/non-profits experience
- Experience with Mac OS
- Experience with web-based CRM or AMS Software/Management System
- Bilingual skills highly desirable
Ideal candidate characteristics
- Highly developed organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to balance independent work with team collaboration
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks
- Works well in fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in an environment with competing priorities
- Willingness to seek, provide and accept feedback
- Self-driven and flexible to change
- Competitive salary range for organization size
- Excellent benefits, including employee health insurance support; paid time off; employer-matching retirement fund; support for professional development/growth
To apply, please provide a letter of interest, current résumé and salary history by email to: email@example.com.
Additionally, before the application is considered complete, all applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment. To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser:
Information will be accepted until position is filled.