SAM is seeking a new team member to fill a Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper role. This is a full-time position with the primary responsibility of ensuring client finances are presented accurately and efficiently. The Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper executes daily bookkeeping tasks, primarily including recording daily transactions and maintaining the accuracy of payments in client financial databases. This person will ensure all income and expense transactions are recorded and prepare the books to be reconciled by the start of each new month. This individual may also assist with administrative functions such as recording event registrations, processing group payments, and monitoring budget progress. This position could be part-time or contract, depending on work load and experience.
The Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other employees in fast-paced, flexible environment. The focus of this job is on producing high quality detailed work based on established standards guidelines and procedures. Precise consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. Consistent error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error free. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert who recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary work/certification
- A minimum of 2 years in finance or bookkeeping position or related field
- Knowledge of QuickBooks; knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (in-person, phone and email communication)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience/Knowledge related to working in the health and/or dental field preferred
- Experience with Mac OS
- Experience with web-based CRM or AMS Software/Management System
- Bilingual skills (Spanish-English) highly desirable
Ideal candidate characteristics
- Highly developed organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to balance independent work with team collaboration
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks
- Works well in fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in an environment with competing priorities
- Willingness to seek, provide and accept feedback
- Self-driven and flexible to change
- Competitive salary range for organization size
- Excellent benefits, including employee health insurance support; paid time off; employer-matching retirement fund; support for professional development/growth
To apply, please provide a letter of interest, current résumé and salary history by email to: email@example.com.
Additionally, before the application is considered complete, all applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment. To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/V5La
Strategic Association Management (SAM) is an association management company (AMC) serving a diverse array of clientele. An AMC handles the day-to-day operations and provides professional management services for association and non-profit organizations. SAM currently manages more than 17 organizations, ranging in scope from local to international, including professional societies, trade associations, and philanthropic non-profits.
Information will be accepted until position is filled.