The Programs Coordinator has the primary responsibility of providing administrative support and coordination for a wide variety of client-partner programs, at the direction of client account leads. This position provides the unique opportunity to serve on multiple staff teams and to work with a variety of mission-driven organizations. The person in this position will assist in handling day-to-day operations which may include: responding to member inquiries via phone/email, database management (entries and reporting), meeting and event support, volunteer management, committee meetings, and other administrative support tasks, as necessary.
The Programs Coordinator must be adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other employees in fast-paced, flexible environment. The focus of this job is on producing high-quality detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise consistent work output is essential, which requires patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Consistent, error-free work based on defined standards are key measures of job performance success.
Experience & Skills Required and Preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree, professional certification or equivalent years of experience
• 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably in a project management or administrative support role
• Experience working with professional/trade associations/nonprofits is preferred
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills (in-person, phone and email communication)
• Database management experience; preferably with web-based CRM or AMS Software/Management System and/or knowledge of FileMaker Pro
• Ability to produce high-level, accurate work on tight deadlines
• A "rolled-up sleeves/get it done" approach to work and role in company • Highly developed customer service skills are critical in this role
• Excellent interpersonal skills: patience, compassion, outgoing, tactful, flexible and professional
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with a variety of computer/technology tools; preferably with Mac OS (SAM is a Mac environment)
• Detail-oriented, with highly developed organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated ability to balance independent work with team collaboration
• Must work well in completely open and flexible office space environment
• Comfortable managing competing priorities and competing leadership styles
• Willingness to seek, provide and accept feedback
• Self-driven, adaptable and flexible to change
• Willingness and ability to travel outside of Austin for limited multi-day events
• Willingness and availability for calls and meetings outside normal business hours, when needed, due to the volunteer schedules
• Competitive salary range, based on comparable small staff nonprofit/associations
• Comprehensive benefits including health insurance options with significant company contribution, access to dental/vision insurance and retirement program match
• Standard Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays policies
• Ongoing training, assistance and opportunities for career development
• Company sponsored volunteer opportunities
• Regular staff outings and team-building gatherings
• Corporate culture that exemplifies our core values: Build Trust, Seek Clarity, Stay Curious and Champion Growth Strategic Association Management (SAM) is an association management company (AMC) providing professional management services for a diverse array of organizations.
An AMC provides creative staffing, strategic and administrative solutions for the association and non-profit organizations. At SAM, a team of experienced professionals takes care of day-to-day operations—increasing efficiency and enabling scalability—so volunteers are empowered to pursue their organization’s mission. Through long-term partnerships, our clients experience organizational sustainability, growth and, ultimately, transformation.
Join Our Team: Two Steps to Apply 1. Email a cover letter of interest and current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org 2. All applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment. To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/X2G5