At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Reporting to the Prevention Supervisor, the Prevention Specialist is responsible for education of high-risk youth and families using the research based curriculum.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 11:30 AM - 8:00PM
- Degree in education, social work or related field preferred.
- Certified Prevention Specialist designation preferred
- LCDC, LPC, LMSW preferred
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Two years’ experience working with youth in chemical dependency prevention, intervention or treatment setting.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with youth, team members, parents and community contacts.
- Ability to effectively present material to facilitate learning and life skill development in youth
- Ability to effectively manage classroom while presenting educational material
- Ability to work with independently or in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office products and experience utilizing web-based programs
- Good organization and time management skills Ability to model positive behavior.
- Must maintain a valid TX Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy. Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
$14.00 Hourly onwards
Apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=b9d3dc9f-476d-4142- 8124-24711bba46e0&jobId=225484&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001