General Position Purpose Statement
The Digital Content & Marketing Specialist reports directly to the Chief Development & Marketing Officer. This position works closely with other members of the Development & Marketing team, external agencies and other members of the organization. The Digital Content & Marketing Specialist will oversee all internal and external content and digital marketing initiatives to ensure brand consistency, engagement and a positive user experience. This position will develop and produce content to increase awareness, as well as monitor trending topics in social media along with web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline operates 24/7. All work is informed by, and conducted through adherence to, the values of The Hotline:
- Integrity:We conduct every aspect of our work to the highest ethical standards and hold ourselves accountable to them. We value transparency and staunchly safeguard the confidentiality of those we serve.
- Thought Leadership:We are committed to learning constantly, developing innovative practices and evolving strategies as necessary to achieve our mission and vision.
- Excellence:We value performance and results. We aspire to be the best and to embrace the challenge to exceed expectations.
- Collaboration:We work as a team within the organization and with a wide range of partners outside of it, in the belief that only through these partnerships will we achieve the broadest impact.
- Social justice:We value diverse perspectives and strive to incorporate an anti-oppression lens in all aspects of our work.
- Caring:We conduct our work with compassion and in the spirit of inclusion, and we meet all individuals with respect and without judgment.
- Survivor-centered:Our work begins and ends with the interests of survivors of relationship abuse in mind.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00am- 5:00 pm
Content and Social Media (75%)
- Develop a content strategy aligned with The Hotline’s strategic plan and communications strategy that includes the organization’s internal and external web properties and social media channels.
- Collaborate with the Development & Marketing team and external agencies to plan and develop site content, style and layout.
- Create, publish, and manage engaging, relevant content and marketing pieces for The Hotline and loveisrespect’s English and Spanish websites, social media channels and digital advertising.
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- Develop and maintain an editorial content calendar for The Hotline and loveisrespect, including fundraising campaigns.
- Manage organization’s Google AdWords and paid social media campaigns.
- Provide content contributors with ongoing guidance and support related to best practices for social media and blog content.
- Provide support for the organization’s digital influencer strategy.
- Develop and edit content for internal and external communications pieces.
- Provide editorial and marketing support for fundraising messaging and campaigns.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure the ongoing needs of the organization are met to fulfill grant deliverables and increased online presence.
- Ensure brand guidelines and protocols are used across all public and internal assets.
Monitoring and Reporting (25%)
- Track and analyze engagement, metrics, and trends across social media channels and website(s) (WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Search Console) for grant reporting and to help shape future marketing strategies
- Update internal tracking system for Communications/Marketing grant deliverables.
- Compile and distribute reports to measure results, performance and competitive landscape.
- Appropriately engage with inquiries and requests on social channels and alert team to potential issues.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize campaigns to keep The Hotline and loveisrespect at the forefront of social media.
- Develop processes and maintain systems for tracking metrics, appropriate documentation, manuals and files as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities. (Equivalency formula: two years of experience is equal to one year of education.)
- At least four years of experience in content creation, social media management and the execution of marketing strategies. Please provide samples of campaigns, written materials, and design products.
- Advanced expertise in Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Google Search Console, developing and administering digital marketing campaigns.
- Hands on channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. Must understand the best practices of main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Superior project management skills including an understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement. Ability to juggle multiple projects, timelines and priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows environment, Microsoft Office, E-newsletters, internet standards, social media management tools and digital marketing and advertising.
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems. Knowledge of WordPress and Joomla a plus.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in written and visual communications.
- Strong English skills, with preferred fluency in speaking and writing Spanish.
- Excellent writing skills, including logic and structure, grammar, usage, syntax and punctuation for emails, letters, reports, memos, presentations, website and social media content, etc.
- Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style guidelines.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking a must.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of fellow team members, executives, managers, external groups and subject matter experts.
- Ability to carry out and articulate with passion the mission, vision, programs and purposes of the organization.
- Intentionally and actively foster positive working relationships and organizational culture.
- Ability to be flexible, if needed, to work outside of normal business hours.
- Prolonged sitting or standing using keyboard, phone and computer.
- Must have emotional and physical stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations—including responses to complaints and internal and external interactions—to effectively work long, and at times odd, hours.
- Work in a normal office environment with minimum exposure to dust, noise or temperature extremes.
- Requires bending, stooping, lifting and carrying objects up to 25 pounds, with or without accommodations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. These statements are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position. The employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, the leadership and mission and values of the National Domestic Violence Hotline. This description does not modify any employee’s at-will-status and is not a contract for continued employment of any duration.