Miracle Foundation is seeking a part-time Development Associate to assist in fundraising, advocacy and donor relations. This position requires a person who is computer savvy, flexible, detail-oriented and passionate about the plight of vulnerable children. This is a multi-faceted position requiring the person to work directly with the Development Manager and the entire development team to conduct prospect research, donor stewardship and track donor data.
- Conducts research on prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations identified by Development team as potential sources of funds
- Prepares a variety of reports including contact and giving history from Salesforce database. Enters data into Salesforce on a timely basis for prospect tracking purposes.
- Assists the Development team in meeting preparation, follow up and data entry using Salesforce, WealthEngine and Cirrus Insight
- Prepares reports, presentations and other materials for use by Development team members
- Responds to email inquiries to the main info form and escalates inquiries to other staff when appropriate
- Assists with the preparation, execution and follow up for fundraising events
- Prepares campaign reports to evaluate the success of initiatives
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant or related field with 1-3 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written – with donors, partners and colleagues
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and proficient in major social media platforms as well as Google suite. Experience with Salesforce highly desirable.
- Team player that is skilled at completing tasks with a quick turnaround
- Excellent at multi-tasking and prioritizing competing priorities
- Analytical and process-driven with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Competencies include problem solving and decision making abilities, integrity, assertiveness, flexibility, confidentiality, trustworthiness and ability to cope with pressure
At Miracle Foundation we see a world that doesn’t need orphanages. We see a world where every child grows up in a family where they can thrive. If you want to part of movement that repairs the world with people who deeply care about their work… be a Miracle Maker and join our team.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Submission Details: Send cover letter and resume to Steph Adriaenssens at Steph@MiracleFoundation.org
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Austin, Texas
Type of Position: Part-time; aprox. 20 hours/week
Reports To: This position reports directly to the Development Manager