The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Austin (YNPN Austin) provides accessible professional development opportunities that empower young leaders and advance the nonprofit community. Our vision is a cultivated network of engaged young leaders that meets the diverse needs of the greater Austin nonprofit community.
Position: Membership Vice-Chair
The Membership Vice-Chair of YNPN Austin is responsible for assisting in the management of the work of the Membership Committee, as well as all internal and external communication efforts. YNPN Austin is a volunteer-managed organization and the Vice-Chair is responsible for supporting daily operations.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Assists the Chair in managing the work of the Membership Committee and leading committee meetings.
- Executes all monthly Meet & Greet events; including coordination with Communications committee.
- Executes quarterly volunteer opportunities; including coordination with Communications committee.
- Attends YNPN’s monthly professional development events when available.
Leadership and Oversight
- Chair Membership committee meetings with support from the Membership Chair
- Attend a minimum of three Board of Directors meetings annually
- Implement YNPN Austin’s strategic plan
- Regularly measure performance and effectiveness of YNPN Austin using the metrics created by the Board of Directors
- Operate committee within the approved budget
- Assist in identifying and recruiting other committee members that reflect the community YNPN Austin serves
- Represent YNPN Austin to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure YNPN Austin’s commitment to a diverse committees
- Support fundraising efforts and consider YNPN Austin a philanthropic priority
Term and Participation
YNPN Austin Vice-Chairs serve a 1-year term and, if interested, are eligible for Board service upon the completion of that term. Vice-Chair service is not a guarantee of being elected to the Board of Directors. The estimated monthly expectations for the Membership Vice-Chair is 10-15 hours, including the committee meetings and events. Time may decrease or increase month to month.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about YNPN Austin’s mission.
Ideal candidates for Membership Vice-Chair will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Connection to the Austin Non-Profit community.
- Interest in or willingness to learn about developing cultivation strategies.
- Interest in recruiting members or volunteers.
- Interest in managing volunteers.
Applications close on October 11, 2015.