Forté Foundation is a consortium of leading corporations and top universities working together towards advancing women in business. Through its series of educational and networking events, support of relevant cutting-edge research, scholarship and intern opportunities, and extensive online resources, Forté Foundation provides the only national infrastructure to equip women with the resources needed to achieve success throughout the career continuum.
Forté Foundation was established in 2001 in direct response to Women and the MBA: Gateway to Opportunity, a landmark study that highlighted gender imbalance at leading business schools. More information about the Foundation can be found at http://www.fortefoundation.org.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Event Marketing & Partnerships, the Marketing Manager plays an integral role in supporting a range internal and external marketing efforts and works closely with members across the entire Forté team. The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning event marketing strategies and executing deliverables; managing the online events calendar and creating and distributing the weekly events email; updating print & digital collateral; ordering, printing, and managing inventory of promo materials; and leading the intern program.
This is an exciting and diverse role that includes a mix of project coordination and ownership, event production, management and administrative tasks, and creative work. Key responsibilities include:
Event Marketing & Promotion
For Forté College and MBA audiences. Includes 3-4 Spring and 2-4 Fall College Conferences, Rising Stars, MBA Leadership and Financial Services FAST Track Conferences, MBA Meet-Ups, and webinars.
- Partner with the AD of Event Marketing & Partnerships to develop comprehensive marketing promotion plans to drive registration and meet attendance goals for College and MBA events.
- Create, manage, and implement event marketing tactics and timelines, including email schedule, grassroots outreach, web updates, online toolkit resources, collateral/signage, and event materials.
- Manage email promotion plan for College and MBA events from creation to execution, including timelines, content, subject lines, and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to create event-related social media plan; assist with copy and images, determine preferred channels and budget; collect data and results.
- Maintain and update website content for conferences, events, and webinars — ensure details are consistent and up-to-date. Communicate status updates across the team.
- Manage Forté’s online events calendar and create the weekly Coming Events email.
- Support the AD with collecting data for event marketing metrics for debrief reports.
Marketing Collateral & Promotion Materials
For all Forté Events and Audiences
- Manage the creation, editing, and printing of collateral and signage for all events.
- Maintain master Sponsor logo file and ensure timely and consistent updates across all materials.
- Order and track inventory of collateral, promo goods/giveaways, and event signage & materials.
- Maintain relationships with print and promo vendors. Research new products and trends.
- Coordinate shipments and returns for Forté and Sponsor/Partner/Exhibitor events.
- Oversee maintenance and update of marketing’s Statistics and Testimonial/Quote repositories.
- Assist AD in developing conference culture and creating brand cohesion across all Forté events.
College Intern Program
Supports College Event Promotion & Misc. Marketing Projects
- Lead and virtually manage 4-6 college students in Forté’s marketing intern program.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training; managing and developing the program to create a positive and enriching experience; providing leadership, motivation, direction, and support.
- Organize long- and short-term projects, set up bi-weekly check-ins, plan monthly intern project and development calls, including coordinating guest speakers and identifying hot topics.
Plan and develop grassroots and on-campus promotion efforts in key College Conference cities.
Other Marketing Support
- Manage marketing files on Box.com, including collateral, sponsor logos, photos/video archives.
- Support the AD’s Sponsorship/Partnership marketing efforts as needed.
- Assists the team as needed with new and ad hoc projects, research, and communications.
- Ability to travel to and assist with Forté live events to ensure successful execution.
Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously, meet deadlines, handle day-to-day issues, and set priorities with minimal on-site supervision and in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and adept at multi-tasking.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to competition with results-oriented mindset.
- Proactive thinker who is responsive, flexible, and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying improvements/solutions, and resolving issues.
- Demonstrates energy and passion for the Forté vision.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 to 7 years works experience, ideally in event marketing, production, and/or email marketing
- Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Luminate) and email marketing program (Emma, Constant Contact, etc.); knowledge of HTML highly desired
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
- InDesign and Photoshop experience (ability to “edit” existing collateral)
Salary commensurate with experience
401K retirement plan with 5% matching available after 1 year
Health, Dental, and Life
Employees of Forté work independently from home offices. Each employee should have the capacity within their home to set-up a work environment or office. Forté provides a computer, phone, office supplies, and covers the cost of internet service.
The ideal candidate will have close proximity to Austin, TX.
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, March 5th