LIVESTRONG means doing the best and the most for those affected by cancer, now. Our vision is that people living with cancer have everything they need throughout their journey. We provide individuals and communities with best-in-class programs and services that meaningfully improve their cancer experience. LIVESTRONG is about the person, not the disease.
LIVESTRONG is focused in three primary areas: serving individuals, building and engaging communities of survivors, and leading system change. We serve individuals affected by cancer with our navigation and survivorship services, delivering our unique model of one-on-one support to address their physical, emotional, and practical needs. We build communities of survivors and engage local stakeholders through programs and events in their communities and nationally. Finally, we drive widespread improvement in cancer care by impacting overall systems through our investments in the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes and national advocacy efforts.
Our Mission and Objectives
To improve the lives of people affected by cancer, now. Delivering patient-centered services, building and engaging communities of survivors, and leading system change are the core components of our mission. We are concentrating our energy on specific key aspects of our work to expand our reach and scale these initiatives.
Your Role in Our Mission
The Director of Team LIVESTRONG will lead the development and execution of LIVESTRONG’s event strategies, including peer to peer fundraising, participant recruitment, and event production. This position will heavily focus on promotion of peer to peer fundraising initiatives, while simultaneously providing oversight for the team to meet departmental revenue goals.
- Designs and executes peer to peer fundraising strategy
- Plans and delivers events that meet revenue and participant engagement goals
- Works closely with internal teams to align peer to peer fundraising event goals, objectives, and specific implementation plans with the organization’s mission and brand
- Executes events that provide meaningful experiences for event participants, sponsors, and volunteers
- Cultivates and nurtures relationships with current and potential vendors and production partners
- Develops an evaluation process to assess the strengths of events, provide feedback for improvement, evaluate ROI, and determine fit within the event offerings
- Manages and leads event staff and facilitate cross-departmental planning and project collaboration
- Ensures that event strategies and plans are aligned with the organization’s strategic and financial objectives in collaboration with the Foundation’s executive management team
- Develops long-term event strategy with Vice President of Development that supports revenue goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience with an emphasis on peer to peer fundraising events and demonstration of revenue growth
- Minimum five (5) years staff management experience
- Strong leadership, influence and organizational skills
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, self-motivated and high energy
- Ability to function as a dependable team player
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
- Experience working with peer to peer fundraising platforms
- PC proficiency and skills in MS Office and database software