LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
Bilingual Fatherhood Case Manager II
LifeWorks Teen Parent Services Program
LifeWorks is looking for a bilingual Fatherhood Case Manager II for our Teen Parent Services program! The Teen Parent Services program offers case management services to expectant and parenting mothers (ages 11-19), young fathers, and their families, with a strengths-based focus on empowerment & support. Major duties include linking clients to resources, assisting them in obtaining educational & employment goals, presenting educational information to expectant and parenting teens regarding a variety of topics related to pregnancy, parenting & sexual / reproductive health, and an ability to effectively engage in collaboration. Teen Parent Services also provides education and support groups to expectant and parenting teens in Travis County middle and high schools. This position would assist in expanding the current program services to include comprehensive supports for young fathers.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with a strength-based service approach, child development and parenting, healthy relationships, and experienced with the sexual attitudes of teens and community resources. Additionally, our ideal candidate would have an ability to build rapport with young fathers, understand their unique needs, and implement effective strategies to meet these needs. An attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to changing environments and personalities are characteristics we look for in our Case Managers.
This position offers opportunities to develop one-on-one professional relationships with teens and young adults, to network with other professionals, increase your knowledge of community resources, and to be a leader in the community as a service provider.
This position is located at our EAST site.
- Provide case management services and coordinate services with other agencies. Duties include intake, case management, monitoring, and resource referrals.
- Facilitate school-based education and support groups.
- Design and facilitate community-based events and activities that are relevant and engaging to fathers.
- Identify and leverage clients’ strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborate with various community programs and health care agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Communicate with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage crisis situations through assessing, deciding, and acting in accordance with standards and laws in emergency situations involving the health and safety of client being compromised.
- Maintain case records and documentation as appropriate, including service plans, progress notes, intake reports, and incident reports.
- Analyze situations within the setting taking into consideration the client, policies, safety, and staff to determine the best course of action utilizing the Trauma Informed Care Framework.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Requires bilingual Spanish/English fluency.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in social or behavior science or an administrative field; and
- Requires 2+ years of relevant experience with youth and/or young parents; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience working with fathers.
- Preferred experience in child development.
- Preferred experience with sexual health through the childbearing years
- Preferred experience working with Microsoft Office and databases.
To apply, visit: https://lifeworksaustin.applicantpool.com/jobs/266867.html