Vision for Position
The Leadership Austin Board of Directors and staff are actively implementing their 2020 Strategic Plan and are looking for a dynamic full time Donor Relations and Operations Specialist who will bring vision, an eye for detail, commitment to brand excellence and elevated stewardship of all donors and alumni through service delivering fostering our core values. This position will be responsible for the expansion and enhancement of the development and operational systems of the organization. Additionally, the Donor Relations and Operations Specialist will provide transparent and seamless oversight of all donations, constituent records and alumni and donor recognition.
The Donor Relations and Operations Specialist should have a proven record of effective database management, and demonstrated commitment to accuracy, timeliness, enhancing donor and alumni relations and understanding how their role impacts the overall mission. Additionally, the Donor Relations and Operations Specialist will show a commitment to elevating all programs by actively working with both current class participants and alumni to ensure their gifts and tuition are processed correctly and recognized in a timely manner. This role will also play a key part in welcoming all visitors to the office and managing our community room calendar.
Information and Donor Management
- Serve as the agency database administrator and information manager including ensuring that policies and procedures associated with data entry are completed correctly and consistently, troubleshooting issues with NEON staff, and managing the flow of data between the data components
- Manage and develop the donor database and ensure accurate record keeping including complete donor records, both electronic and hard copy as needed.
- Coordinate tuition and payment contracts for program participants and other donors
- Oversee the invoicing and receipting activities surrounding payments, pledges and collections
- Oversee and produce monthly development budget to actual, standard reports and updated mailing lists
- Serve as the Development team lead staff on revenue reconciliation with the Director of Development and Engagement and CEO
- Complete all donor information requests and matching gift requests
- Oversee donor acknowledgments; producing letters and coordinating thank you correspondence among staff, board and volunteers to ensure all donors are promptly and appropriately thanked
- Provide reports for annual audit and year-end review
- Serve as point person for Leadership Austin staff members working in the NEON system including providing the appropriate training and overseeing privileges
- Serve as staff lead on processing daily mail to ensure proper handling of offline cash and in-kind donations with appropriate coding for all donations based on finance policy
- Assist in the creation and implementation of department goals, objectives and timelines
Operations and Administrative Support responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with vendors (office supplies, printer/copier, facilities maintenance, etc.)
- Maintain the inventory for and organization of the office supply room and kitchen
- Act as contact person for use of meeting rooms by outside groups, and assisting staff with meeting room scheduling and setup
- Assist staff with logistic needs for all program execution
- Administer the organization’s public email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and manage the general voicemail box
Requirements for education, experience, skills, and capacities
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and proven experience in NEON or similar database software
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors
- Ability to interact with staff and volunteers in a team environment
- Ability to maintain high level relationships with others Additional requirements
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, while providing strong attention to detail and ensuring accuracy with little supervision
- Problem solve within existing policies and procedures
- Work in coordination with supervisor and staff, and use independent discretion and judgment in carrying out the majority of assigned tasks
The employee must possess: excellent critical thinking skills for complex problems with multiple stakeholders; exemplary verbal skills in dealing with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and interests; and excellent writing and communication skills.
Pay range from $35,000 - $40,000
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Missy Strittmatter at email@example.com.