POSITION OVERVIEW: The Advancement Associate is an integral member of the KIPP Austin Advancement Team. A successful Advancement Associate must be passionate about KIPP’s mission, motivated to produce a high volume of accurate and detailed work, customer-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking and problem-solving. This position provides essential administrative services which support the successful implementation of the Advancement Team’s development and fundraising strategies.
- Articulate, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills and a high attention to detail
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, preferably including work at a strategic systems level
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Prior non-profit and development experience (required)
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
Gift and Pledge Processing
- Record gifts and pledges into Raiser’s Edge with appropriate designations and account coding.
- Document procedures for proper gift and pledge processing to ensure accurate recording of gifts.
- Acknowledge donations in alignment with best practices in development and in compliance with tax law.
- Manage pledge fulfillment by updating and maintaining donor records and generating pledge reminder letters.
Records Management/Database Administration
- Oversee overall management of The Raiser’s Edge Software including data entry, data output and training.
- Document and implement procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database information.
- Perform regular database maintenance and work with Advancement staff to assess, maintain, and enhance the database to best support fundraising priorities.
- Serve as primary contact to database software provider and manage product upgrades.
- Maintain electronic donor files, ensuring that pertinent documents are included and kept current.
Prospect Research and Management
- Develop, implement, and manage internal systems to ensure all advancement officers have efficient, effective tracking systems to support cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Provide support for Advancement officers, which may include tracking next steps, pledge commitments, moves management status and reporting.
- Research funding prospects using various resources and generate/maintain prospect lists, matching gift programs and donor information.
- Coordinate logistics for periodic open houses, tours and assist as needed with other Advancement events; work closely with the operations department to ensure all logistic details are executed properly. Work with Advancement team to coordinate materials (tour packets, follow-up materials and procedures)
- Manage standardized donor correspondence, proof and edit other correspondence and proposals.
- Develop and maintain stewardship guidelines and procedures; train Advancement staff on these procedures.
- Manage tracking systems to report on completion of stewardship activities and outstanding action items on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with the finance department to reconcile gifts on a regular basis.
- Work with Advancement officers to create accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date individual donor and prospect reports for senior staff and board members.
- Respond to requests for data, including mailing lists, reports and donor information in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports for Advancement Committee/Board meetings.
- Track expenses for the Advancement budget.
- Assist with tracking expenses for Advancement events.
- Assist with grant writing and grant proposal preparation as needed.
- Assist with volunteer coordination across KIPP Austin.
- Monitor Advancement office inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Process invoices for general Advancement team needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit: http://www.kippaustin.org/join-our-team/apply/apply-online/