Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission of educating and engaging Texans to take responsibility for improving their community environment. Founded in 1967, KTB works with almost 400 affiliate organizations from around the state in the areas of litter prevention, beautification and waste reduction. Keep Texas Beautiful is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for coordinating cross-functional marketing and communications projects and maintaining Salesforce database in support of KTB and its programs. This position is an ideal fit for a professional with exceptional organizational and communication skills and a passion for community programming. The ideal candidate will have content, social, digital and project management experience. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications Director. Occasional travel required.
• Supports general marketing and communications efforts as directed on behalf of KTB.
• Identifies trade show opportunities for KTB; assembles and coordinates all logistics including staff schedule, registration, packing and promotion; represents KTB at conferences and trade shows.
• Advertising & Promotions: Work with Communications Director on select promotional projects.
• Media/PR: Assists with select media assignments, such as preparing press releases, distribution and fulfillment. Respond to select media inquiries and editorial requests as directed.
• Fulfillment: Primary contact for follow up on external requests directed to KTB via the Info and Communications email contact accounts.
• Events: Assist with needs for various KTB events such as A/V or promotional materials, photography, social media support and staffing. Maintain updated KTB events calendar.
• Image & Asset requests: Work with Communications Director to identify photo and video needs and opportunities. Distribute, organize, credit and solicit KTB videos and assets.
• Website: Collaboratively manages and coordinates creation and updates of web content; responsible for editing, updating photos, designing new content and creating web forms as needed.
• Content: Manages and coordinates content calendar with Communications Director. Updates monthly and utilizes content strategy to pro-actively create relevant content for the web, social media, blog and important KTB deadlines and program promotions.
• Serves as primary Salesforce data manager and report curator under direction of KTB team.
• Supports and participates in planning and execution of annual conference with KTB staff.
• Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
• Recruits and supervises work-study students, interns and/or volunteers.
Bachelor's degree in related field, plus one to two years of experience, which includes communications and marketing and knowledge of Salesforce database or similar, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge of: non-profit operations knowledge; volunteer management, marketing and communications, standard office practices
Skill/Ability to: proficient use of necessary marketing/communication software technology including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint; use of CMS, CRM, design and survey software systems a plus; establish and maintain effective working relationships with board and committee members, co-workers, representatives of funding agencies and the general public; demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; interact comfortably and tactfully with the public; ability to organize multi-faceted events; database knowledge; excellent organizational and project management skills; high attention to detail necessary
Salary: $36,000-$38,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; paid holidays; and option to participate in 403(b) plan with a 3% employer match. To Apply: Please submit
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications accepted until June 23.