It’s Time Texas is growing, and we need smart, passionate, purpose-driven people to join our team. Here’s our truth: we’re ambitious, we’re different, we’re going all in on building a culture of health in Texas. To do this, we are organizing a social movement around the core value that Texas is best when Texans are healthy. By working with partners and supporters throughout the state, we are changing behaviors, practices, and policies to make healthy living central to what it means to be a Texan. Sound good so far?
Our work is critically important, but it’s not easy. We work hard and we help each other. We offer a stimulating work environment where talented people who are committed to transforming health in Texas thrive. As part of our team, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow your skill set, while making a real contribution to a rapidly growing organization and awesome team.
Who We Need:
The Program Manager works to grow, operate, and sustain It’s Time Texas’ Community Programs with a primary responsibility for the program management and partnership development of the Community Challenge (CC). The CC is a statewide competition focused on increasing awareness of healthy living as a cause and motivating, supporting and celebrating individuals, schools, businesses, and communities at-large participating in healthy actions while promoting cross-sector community collaboration. The Program Manager leads program implementation, including, but not limited to, developing and managing relationships, overseeing subcontractors and interns, developing and monitoring deliverables/outcomes, data management and reporting, and managing the program budget under the supervision of the Community Programs Director. This person will play a critical role in development of future growth strategies and work to increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and enhance user experience. The Program Manager will cultivate new and existing relationships, and help coordinate cross-collaborative outreach efforts across Texas for It’s Time Texas’ portfolio of programming. This position will require travel across Texas up to 30% of the time.
Who You Are:
- Mission focused. You’re committed to supporting the mission of It’s Time Texas, and don’t shy away from challenges as you work toward successful results.
- Relationship-Builder. You have experience building successful cross-sector collaborative relationships. You enjoy meeting new people and discovering creative ways to build partnerships.
- Data-Driven. You have a natural curiosity to understand data and how it can influence strategy and inform decision making. You believe the value of data is not only what is collected but how it is used.
- Project Manager. This isn’t your first rodeo. You know how to build a project plan, delegate roles and responsibilities, and lead a team to achieve its goals.
- Detail oriented and organized. You excel at time management and execute tasks with a high degree of clarity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of community relationship building and project management required; 1 year of a supervisory role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong cultural competence and deep understanding of the social, cultural, and linguistic needs of our target audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Experience using technology to analyze data
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter through our website at https://itstimetexas.org/join-our-team/