GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the Hiring Coordinator will assist in all aspects of the hiring process for part-time staff at Program Services. This individual will further ensure that all YMCA standards are being met and/or exceeded as they relate to hiring, background checks, licensing standards, and onboarding. This position works independently under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks. The Hiring Coordinator will work collaboratively with Program Services leaders to improve the overall hiring process.
ABOUT US The YMCA of Austin is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 65,000 members and 30,000 program participants every year. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promotes strong families, youth leadership, and community development.
OUR CULTURE Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. Join us and help transform lives.
Responsible for hiring for part-time staff which includes, but is not limited to recruitment, phone screens, interviews, reference checks, background checks, onboarding, and licensing.
- Researches, plans, and attends recruitment events at colleges/universities
- Works to develop a partnership with colleges/universities
- Reviews job applications via the applicant tracking system
- Conducts initial phone screens of applicants
- Schedules conduct, and partners to conduct interviews of part-time staff
- Checks references / facilitates process via Checkster
- Sign up new hires for onboarding/paperwork appointments
- Follows up with new hires throughout the Paycom hiring process
- Leads new hires through the completion of paperwork and onboarding process
- Sign up new hires for CPR/FA, BWR, CATCH, and YUSA online trainings
- Manages HHSC fingerprint account/checks/ monthly invoices
- Maintains, updates, and shares a part-time staff database with staff and PDs Runs HHSC background checks on new hires and on current staff every two years
- Keeps individual PS staff files current and complete
- Assists with HHSC licensing – submission of Site Director & PD paperwork, prepare materials for new licenses, etc.
- Supporting training with logistical support – food, location, materials, etc. Assists in the evaluation of all trainings
- Assists in planning and execution of periodic staff appreciation and retention events
- Participates in Program Services and YMCA of Austin Association special events
- Fundraises annually to support the Y’s mission and community promises Assists in special projects and activities as required by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED and at least 15 hours of relevant college coursework preferred.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to multi-task and be good at time management.
- Ability to bring creative and innovative ideas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of the mission and objectives of the YMCA of Austin.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with other staff members and volunteers in order to achieve long and short-range goals of the Association.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Certifications: Hold or have the ability to become CPR, First Aid, and Basic Water Rescue certified
Required to complete the following online training upon hire: Before & After School Program, Child Abuse Prevention, Appropriate Touch, Bloodborne Pathogens, Foundations of Listen First, and Intro to Cause and Culture.
PAY RANGE: $14.00-$16.00 per hour, depending on experience with a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance plus employer-matched retirement upon reaching eligibility.