About the Opportunity
LOCATION: Hill Country Community Ministries, 1005 Lacy Drive, Leander, TX 78641
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Hill Country Community Ministries
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 - $40,000
HOURS: 40 hours per week
START DATE: January 2, 2018
I. JOB SUMMARY
The ReThink Hunger Program Manager is a one (1) year grant funded position focused on alleviating hunger in Williamson County. The purpose of this position is to align and expand the efforts of the twenty Central Texas Food Bank partners in Williamson County to distribute food and improve family stability. The ReThink Hunger Program Manager will be hosted and supervised by Hill Country Community Ministries in Leander, Texas but will coordinate with Central Texas Food Bank and five other Williamson County food pantries. Recruitment and approval of the hire of this position will come from Hill Country Community Ministries and Central Texas Food Bank. This position is funded for one year but there may be an opportunity to extend employment dependent on funding.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Increase the number of mobile distributions to reach individuals that live in service gaps or experience mobility barriers. Identify new sites using client data collected from Williamson County Partner Agencies.
- Partner with existing social service organizations to distribute food at their locations through mobile distributions.
- Rescue excess food when available to reduce the burden on Partner Agencies for Retail Pick-Up activities.
- Transport food when necessary to serve food pantries in rural areas with limited access to Food Bank resources.
- Collect, organize and evaluate data on underserved areas to inform program expansion.
- Research future funding for continuation of program position.
- Meet with Central Texas Food Bank and Williamson County Partner Agencies monthly to discuss program development, goals and improvement.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Government Issued Driver’s License.
- Experience successfully collaborating, managing or mentoring partnerships with faith based and/or community based programs in the field.
B. Knowledge and Skills
- Solid public speaking, facilitation, capacity building, training, and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of hunger insecurity both locally and nationally.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet applications in a Windows environment.
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Continuously refresh knowledge in relation to job.
IV. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience with Geography Information Systems.
- Experience with food distribution programs.
V. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours including weekend, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
VI. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.