Scope and Purpose: The Event Coordinator is responsible for execution of all logistical and tactical tasks for HAAM events, managing and growing the HAAM volunteer program, as well as acting as the liaison between HAAM and supporters who wish to support HAAM through 3rd party fundraisers and events. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, HAAM Board, Director of Marketing & Events and HAAM events and marketing team. This position will also assist in marketing, website updates and social media as needed.
A strategic and integral member of the Development team, the Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for planning and coordinating the organization’s fundraising events, 3rd party events and managing organization’s volunteers. The Events Coordinator ensures that all fundraising events are within budget and appropriately represent HAAM to the community. This individual plans fundraising events in coordination with the Director of Marketing & Events, vendors and volunteers. This individual is responsible for event logistics, including venue, communication, vendor and staff/volunteer matters. Events Coordinator also assists in other development efforts that will allow the organization to achieve its mission of providing access to affordable healthcare for Austin’s low-income, working musicians. The Events Coordinator is also responsible for the HAAM Volunteer Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Event Production
- Major HAAM Events: HAAM Day, Corporate Battle of the Bands, Ray Benson Birthday
- 3rd Party Events
- Acts as liaison between event organizer and HAAM
- Develops and maintains relationships with supporters and 3rd party hosts within the community
- Development Council
- Volunteer Management
- HAAM Swag Management
- Marketing & Social Media Assistance
- Data entry and admin assistance as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must support the Core Values and Mission of HAAM
- Approaches daily work with enthusiasm and passion
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
- Possesses a collaborative, team oriented spirit and willing to pitch in to help with any task needed
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, Wordpress and social media platforms
- Ability to make decisions and manage projects in a changing and fast paced environment and anticipate future needs, even when limited information and resources are available
- Always flexible to change
- Ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Demonstrates a positive and “Yes” attitude while always striving to improve or make things better.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to work well and be comfortable with a wide range of people at levels ranging from top CEO’s to community volunteers and local musicians.
- Undergraduate college degree in hospitality, sales, marketing or related field preferred
- Two to four years proven track record in planning and implementing large and small events, and volunteer management
Interested parties should visit https://www.seton.net/careers/to apply.