Youth Leadership Program Manager
Generation SERVE, an Austin-based 501c3 charitable organization, is seeking a full-time Youth Leadership Program Manager to join our team! The position is ideal for an energetic individual with outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate MUST be flexible, autonomous, and excel at multitasking and people management.
Work alongside the Director of Youth Leadership Programs to support and manage the organization’s youth programs including its Teen Leadership program, Teen Advisory Board, Teen Service Days, and Service Learning Programs.
- Support management of summer teen lead/co-lead programs including training, mentoring, and providing ongoing feedback to teen participants
- Manage, lead, and supervise a Service Learning Program community focus area including trainings, workshops, and service activities
- Oversee Teen Service Days which includes management of the program including recruitment of new participants, coaching of Teen Leads and Co-Leads, and event evaluation
- Support and manage after school initiatives and be primary point of contact for all program activities
- Handle other aspects of program management such as supply pick-ups/shopping, participant communications and leading activities
- Research, develop and manage new programming for older youth and support core program volunteer opportunities for youth ages 8+
- Assist in maintaining records, tracking hours, accomplishments and progress of participants
- Support family volunteering program activities as needed
- Handle program inquiries and special projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience recruiting and supervising employees/volunteers
- Educational or program facilitation experience
- Experience developing and facilitating trainings
- Experience or strong interest in working with youth and families
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy and dependable
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Adaptable and autonomous
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for working alongside and within the Austin community
- Flexible schedule; availability to work weekends and evenings
- Proficient at MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), G Suite product suite
NICE TO HAVE:
- College degree
- General Knowledge of SignUp.com, MailChimp, and Salesforce
- Curriculum design experience
About Generation SERVE:
Generation SERVE provides meaningful volunteer experiences for Austin youth and families, engaging children in community service from age 3 - 17 and inspiring lifelong volunteerism. Through Family Volunteering, Service Learning, and Youth Leadership programs, children learn the value of helping others while providing a service to the Austin community. Since its inception in 2009, Generation SERVE has organized over 5,200 volunteer activities that engaged more than 32,000 children and their families, logging more than 73,000 total volunteer hours serving nearly 100 Austin-area non-profit organizations and groups. To learn more about Generation SERVE, visit generationserve.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jennifer Himstedt, Youth Leadership Program Director, at email@example.com by the deadline of February 23rd.