Generation SERVE, a local 501c3 organization, seeks a full-time Development Coordinator to support our annual fundraising efforts. This position is generalist in nature and is an excellent opportunity for an emerging fundraising professional to grow his/her skills in a small but fast-paced and growing organization! The ideal candidate MUST be creative, flexible, collaborative, self-motivated, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be passionate about community engagement.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Director, Marketing Director, and Executive Director to support our annual fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts. He/she will report to the Development Director and play an active role in helping to develop and implement our annual development plan.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Development Director and Executive Director to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations though cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities;
Assisting with the management of Generation SERVE’s Family Sponsorship donor program, including:
- Cultivation and engagement of Helping (entry-level) Family Sponsors;
- On-boarding of all new Family Sponsors; o Facilitating Family Sponsor benefits and Family Sponsor-exclusive events;
- Prospecting and securing new Family Sponsors;
- Renewing and/or upgrading Family Sponsors on a 12-month cycle; and
- Providing excellent and donor/volunteer-focused customer service.
- Implementation and delegation of our donor stewardship plan, assuring stewardship tasks are assigned to the proper staff/Board member and donors are thanked in a timely manner;
- Management of CRM (Salesforce), including donor record maintenance, gift processing, and acknowledgment letter generation;
- Management, planning, and execution of annual Amplify Austin campaign;
- Collaboration with Development Director and marketing team around other fundraising campaigns/appeals, including Giving Tuesday and our holiday campaign;
- Spearheading annual event execution by managing event timelines, contracts, and budgets, communicating with venues, delegating tasks to internal team members, and other logistical duties;
- Representing and promoting Generation SERVE at community and corporate events, tabling opportunities, and third-party fundraising events; and
- Engaging active and prospective corporate donors through informational meetings, lunch-and-learns and private activities.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years in a development/fundraising role;
- Demonstrated excellence in building relationships with existing and prospective donors;
- Experience soliciting and securing gifts and sponsorships;
- Experience utilizing CRM software, ideally Salesforce;
- Time-management and self-motivation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sense of humor and desire to work in a team-oriented culture;
- Demonstrated personal commitment to volunteerism and the community; and
- Ability to work on evenings and/or weekends at least once a month
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with the subject line “Development Coordinator” to Allie Townshend Pena at email@example.com by Wednesday, October 17, 2018. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. We look forward to learning more about you!