Foundation Communities creates housing where families succeed. We provide people with an affordable, attractive place to call home, as well as opportunities right at their doorstep to transform their lives.
Position Summary: The Learning Center Coordinator will lead the development and implementation of educational programs and neighborhood improvement initiatives around an affordable housing community in south Austin.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish on-going communication with community residents and neighborhood partners to determine areas of need and to ensure residents are aware of available programs and resources
- Communicate frequently with on-site property management staff, direct supervisor and other senior management staff to ensure that information regarding the program and community needs is conveyed
- Manage a 21st Century Community afterschool and summer program for school-aged youth, which includes program development, managing program staff, maintaining student data and completing grant reports
- Recruit, train and supervise part-time staff to lead youth and adult programs
- Work closely with partners, feeder school administration and teachers, and other Foundation Communities departments to increase collaboration in the provision of wrap-around support for students and families.
- Research best practices and remain knowledgeable about developments in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or related field
- Bilingual ( Spanish ), required
- Experience providing educational or social services to economically disadvantaged/diverse communities
- At least one year of staff supervision experience
- Availability to work some evening hours as needs for programming, parent meetings and other community events
- An understanding of SEL, Mindfulness, and Trauma Informed practices
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be expected to do light to moderate lifting, occasional moving of furniture, and lead/accompany daily walk from school to the Learning Center (about half a mile) with staff and children. Ability to participate and engage students in light to moderate physical fitness activities is preferred.
An occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials may occur. May be asked to clean up bodily fluids with appropriate training and personal protective equipment.
Other: Salaried, Full-time position with benefits
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity