How you will contribute to our Cause: The Y’s cause is to strengthen the community.
Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well. Under the guidance of the Associate Executive Director, the Facility Director is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and cleanliness of the branch and mechanical systems.
This position also oversees the overall condition of the facilities, preventative maintenance and performs hands-on tasks on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, detailed, organized, and a problem solver. This position works independently under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks.
This position is accountable for the coordination and oversight of daily facility operations including but not limited to: the direct supervision of housekeeping and maintenance staff, ensures that active risk management practices are in place and adhered to; Grounds Maintenance and minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and project supervision. Candidate demonstrates YMCA core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all dealings.
What are the details?
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of all people associated with the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner. This position works closely with the Association Facility Director and requires regular communication and coordination of major facility repair, replacement, and repurposing of facilities and grounds. Perform ongoing preventive maintenance, repair work on the facility; to include but not limited to mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems. Ensure the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
- Promptly, efficiently and safely respond to maintenance issues including cleanliness and mechanical electrical plumbing (MEP) issues
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs.
- Perform facility inspections and report on the condition affecting operations and recommended actions to be taken
- Ensure facility and grounds are clean, well maintained and in operating condition
- Provides direct supervision and accountability for Occupancy staff
- Communicate with preventative maintenance vendors who are contracted to maintain MEP.
- Ensure needed repairs happen in a timely manner.
- Ensure annual required inspections of Elevator, Fire Systems, Irrigation, Boiler and others as required.
- Assures proper function of all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Manage and file all incident/accident report forms on the premises.
- Attend required Branch and Association staff meetings.
- Maintain proper records for all maintenance requests, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures through CMMS.
- Order and manage inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Actively and enthusiastically support the Branch and Association goals and direction through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members, and guests.
- Leads a team during the Annual Campaign that includes campaigner recruitment and securing donations from TownLake vendors and contractors.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Provide overall coordination of facility and property maintenance.
- Perform selected improvements, repairs, and maintenance to buildings and equipment that are within areas of expertise.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Cause:
- Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Must have 3-5 years of professional experience in facilities management. Facilities Management Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills: Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and/or other maintenance-related areas. Licensing in a specialty like HVAC, plumbing, r electrical is preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals Prior experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred Strong written and verbal communications skills Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Computer literacy Communication & Influence – Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making – Makes an informed decision based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
- Fiscal Management – Manages the Y’s resources responsibly and sustains the Y’s nonprofit business model
- Functional Expertise – Executes superior technical skills for the role
- Program/Project Management – Ensures program or project goals are met and the intended impact occurs.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply at www.AustinYMCAJobs.org