How you will contribute to our Cause: The Y’s cause is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well. The Director of Grants and Foundation Relations is responsible for all grant development and management including managing relationships with foundations and corporations; identifying, researching, cultivating and writing proposals for identified programs; facilitating and capturing all necessary internal information for grant submission and submitting timely and accurate reports for existing grants.
This position works independently under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish related tasks.
What are the details?
- Write, compile and submit grant proposals to foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Research new grant opportunities and conduct prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive process for timely and accurate grant evaluation, quality compliance, project, and program fulfillment and reporting to funders.
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective grant tracking and reporting system that supports the financial development efforts of the Y.
- Coordinate with the development team, executive leadership, program staff, and CEO on deadlines, the timing of submissions and requests, and information-sharing.
- Manage and implement an organized system of communications internally and externally to provide stewardship to donors regarding grant awards and the management of funders’ requirements for recognition.
- Interface with all YMCA Association departments as they relate to grant development to complete grants.
- Lead personalized stewardship efforts for thanking grant partners/funders to feel the impact of their support.
- Lead strategic cultivation efforts for building relationships with potential new funders.
- Assist in the identification of corporations to engage with the volunteer efforts and prospect pipeline for potential grants and sponsorships.
- Assist in Y fund-raising activities and special events as a key team member of the development team.
- Serve as an exempt staff member to the YMCA of Austin, performing those duties as assigned by supervisor and President/CEO of the YMCA.
What you bring to the Cause:
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in language arts, communications, business, human services, non-profit management or a related field. Minimum of three years’ experience writing grants.
Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can effectively tailor your communication to the appropriate audience,
Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner
Innovative: You embrace new approaches and creative thinking to assess and implement effective processes related to employee, operational, and organizational performance,
Collaborative Relationships: You build authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Influence: You employ strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to position and achieve the overall Y goals.
Decision Making: You integrate logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions and solve problems.
Commitment to Quality Results: You demonstrate and foster a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
Technical Skills: Masterful story teller.
- Superb writing skills with keen attention to grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze, write and edit reports according to a prescribed format and correspond with external businesses and community members.
- Successful track record in applying best practices related to successful grant proposals.
- Demonstrated track record of grant award success.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a manner that is compelling to various types of donors.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, volunteers, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent research skills.
- Knowledge/clear understanding of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Familiarity with grant management software. Knowledge of Raisers Edge software beneficial.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to apply knowledge of accounting and finance basics.
- Ability to assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
- Ability and comfort multi-tasking and managing several projects at once.
- Grant Professionals Certification (GPC) or related certification preferred.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply at www.AustinYMCAJobs.org