This position will develop and lead the cycling fundraising initiative for the Association. This will include the strategy, recruitment, ride details, coaching, and training program for the nationwide cycling program. This also includes all training, materials, plans, and resources needed for staff, volunteers and participants.
The Cycling Director position is remote/work from home based in either Austin, Texas or Denver/Ft Collins, Colorado. This position is part of National (internally known as Home office) Constituent Events Team, reporting to Senior Director, Constituent Events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develop national plan for cycling program development including strategy, leadership and training needed to achieve revenue goals
• Develop recruitment plan and manage recruitment of riders for each location.
• Plan and deliver event logistics for multiple cycling fundraising events. This will include coordinating route planning and design with a vendor and other event documentation, working with participants and partner event representatives and advising on all pre-event and on the day activity.
• Identify and manage third party suppliers including but not limited to route design and mapping, participant support and event execution
• Develop and deliver robust marketing and communication plans for cycling events including promotional materials, and social media content and messaging.
• Build the profile of the cycling program by identifying and developing relationships with key cycling industry partners, such as cycling clubs, event organizers and cycling retailers.
• Travel extensively to meet and support participants, volunteers and other key stakeholders, and to attend and support events as required.
• Contribute to the planning and development of the cycling program and other allocated event areas to maximize fundraising income.
• Help build the profile of the cycling program by identifying and developing relationships with key cycling industry partners, such as cycling clubs, event organizers and cycling retailers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Candidates will need to be active and engaged in the cycling community and able to demonstrate a successful track record of leading cycling fundraising events at a national and regional level.
• Proven track record of participant recruitment strategies and community recruitment efforts.
• Candidates will need to be proactive team player with the ability to organize and prioritize a busy and varied workload with excellent technical knowledge, logistics experience, customer service and marketing skills.
• Experience running production for large scale fundraising events
• Proven ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously, to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines in a cross-functional environment.
• Understanding of nonprofit, business strategies and processes; such as event management, volunteer support, email campaigns/communication, and constituent management.
• Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers and to provide training guidance in a collaborative, consultative, and positive manner.
• Ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• 10+ years national or regional cycling event management and training experience required in a non-profit environment and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Successful candidate must have proven fundraising event experience, participant recruitment efforts and have the skills to adapt experience into a cycling curriculum.
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Extremely efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
• Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. (Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.)
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter, requiring little supervision.
• Understanding of various computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Convio a major plus.
• Ability to travel up to 60% of time as required.