Currently, we are looking for more kind and compassionate people to join our Direct Care professional team. It takes a special person to raise their hand and take on such responsibility and we are truly grateful for all who are willing. This is a great opportunity for those who are breaking into the medical field and want to gain experience with clients, or those who like to teach and help others grow.
Job duties include: Providing safety and supervision for adults with developmental disabilities, assisting with bathing and dressing, supervising meal preparation, medication supervision, teaching independent living skills classes, assisting with activities of daily living, providing transportation to medical appointments and errands, assisting with cleaning, supervising leisure activities, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license (this is required for full-time positions)
- Experience as a primary caregiver and/or experience or education that has provided the opportunity to develop good organizational skills as well as an understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the disabled population.
- Clean criminal history
Current shifts available:
- 11p-7a Sunday- Thursday (Full-time)
- 11p-9a Sun- Wednesday (Full-time)
- 7a-3p, 3p-11p Sat, Sun (Part-time)
- 10a – 6p, Sat (Part-time)
- 3p – 11p, Sun – Thurs (Part-time)
- 3p – 11p, Tue-Sat or Sun – Thur (Full time)
- 8a-4p (Full time)
****some evening/night roles open to those without TX drivers license***
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance benefits are available for Full-Time employees; plus 24 Paid days off per year.
About Us: Mary Lee Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing diverse services and housing to adults with various types of disabilities. Founded in 1963 by Charlene Crump, Mary Lee Foundation inspires and involves persons with disabilities through programs, advocacy, and education. Today, the Mary Lee Foundation is as strong as ever, continually adding or expanding new programs and services, and expanding our reach to the disabled across our nation. We are a community of people from all walks of life with the passion to help the less fortunate and to provide care and compassion to all we serve. We are located at 1339 Lamar Square on South Lamar in Austin Tx.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
Send your resume to email@example.com and use "Direct Care Application" as the subject line. No cover letter required.