Organization: Pulso - a digital organizing venture increasing political power for Latinx voters Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months About Pulso Pulso is a digital organizing venture increasing the political power of Latinx voters across the country. We’re building a digital platform that delivers daily content - via Facebook Messenger and Instagram - that’s culturally relevant to our Latinx subscribers, thus cultivating deep, trusted digital relationships with them online and then leveraging those relationships towards political action offline.
By 2020 Pulso aims to develop deep (daily or weekly) digital relationships with more than 1.5 million Latinx/Hispanic voters and to achieve financial self-sustainability. Our ultimate goal is to leverage this digital platform to advance policy change by building Latinx/Hispanic power through increased advocacy and voter engagement. To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit organization that incubates and supports social ventures. Drawing upon the lessons from some of the largest and most impactful social change institutions, AC’s theory of change is based on the idea that membership organizations can experience explosive, financially sustainable growth when they provide a robust set of benefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize (“functional organizing”). For more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read, “The Secret of Scale” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review at http://bit.ly/2AsYhfP. AC uses Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies. For more about AC’s approach to experimentation read, “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” also from the Stanford Social Innovation Review at http://bit.ly/2Rtqv3z.
Position Description The fundamental responsibilities for this role will be to support the design and execution of digital media experiments - along with Pulso’s Product Manager, Data Analyst and Tech Associate - that will shape the development, testing, optimizing and scaling of our digital organizing media service.
Qualifications We are looking for someone who is/has (required):
- Proficient at designing digital media A/B tests and doing data analysis
- Experienced in using a variety of technology tools, including most of the following: Facebook ads manager, Messenger bots, WordPress, Google Analytics -Committed to and understands the issues that concern the US-based Latinx community
- Demonstrated a commitment to progressive ideals, social justice and social change through your work and/or volunteer experiences
- Highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment -Understands and embraces rapid experimentation methodologies (e.g. Lean Startup)
- Numbers-oriented (must be proficient with spreadsheets)
- Comfortable working remotely
We prefer someone who (nice to have, but not required):
- Is knowledgeable about UX/UI
- Is a good writer
- Is fluent in Spanish
- Has a sense of humor!
Salary & Benefits
- $40,000-$50,000 salary range depending on experience
- Flexible work hours -Health care, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Educational loan assistance up to $300 per month
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume, tell us more about your experience, and complete a quick math exercise using this application form: http://bit.ly/2Tr6SGB.