Role: Digital Media Content Writer (Full Time) Organization: Pulso - a digital organizing venture for the Latinx community Location: Full-time, remote position (from home or co-working space) based in the U.S. Pulso seeks a motivated, well-organized writer who loves producing creative content for and about Latinxs in a fast-paced team. We’re looking for a Digital Media Content Writer who is dedicated to the advancement of all Latinxs, is a natural storyteller, and has significant experience in engaging Latinxs from diverse communities. This role will be a great fit for a writer who is also tech-savvy and entrepreneurial.
Pulso is a digital organizing venture focused on increasing the political power of Latinx voters across the country. We are a digital platform that attracts and engages Latinx voters through our daily and weekly culturally-relevant content via Facebook Messenger and Instagram. By cultivating deep, trusted digital relationships with our subscribers online, we leverage them towards political action offline. Our overarching goals are to motivate our subscribers to take action on critical issues impacting Latinxs, advance policy change through increased advocacy, and register more Latinxs so they will cast their votes on election day. To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/. Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit organization that incubates and supports social ventures. Drawing upon the lessons from some of the largest and most impactful social change institutions, AC’s theory of change is based on the idea that membership organizations can experience explosive, financially-sustainable growth when they provide a robust set of benefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize (“functional organizing”). For more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read, “The Secret of Scale” and for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, read “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
We are looking for a prolific, curious writer who lives and breathes Latinx content across platforms. The fundamental responsibility of this role is to write engaging, timely stories for our daily content service aimed at attracting subscribers to Pulso via Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and other social media platforms. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with a deep understanding of what matters to our subscribers, has a strong writing background, and thrives with new challenges. We will be looking for the Digital Media Content Writer to capture stories ranging from separated families at the border, to emerging Latinx trends in a compelling, conversational tone using audio, video, gifs, images and multimedia.
Job Responsibilities As a Pulso Digital Media Content Writer, you will:
- Research and write compelling stories that Pulso subscribers will love. You’ll also write outlines, narrative arcs and full articles we send out in various formats. You’ll learn our editorial and marketing process.
- Work on campaigns for Instagram, Facebook and emerging platforms that Pulso subscribers can’t wait to share. Your primary aim will be to improve reach.
- Research and uncover profiles, stories and historical facts about the Latinx experience that are little-known (using primary and secondary sources) and infuse them into stories and social media campaigns.
- Support the needs of the Pulso team. We’re scaling our work and impact, so we’ll be looking for you to support Pulso priorities outside of writing, take on new challenges, and grow in your role. Qualifications
- We are looking for someone who: Is a prolific writer able to capture readers’ attention with compelling, culturally-relevant, and creative content
- 1-3 years in a writing role, with relevant experience
- Is a visual storyteller with multi-platform experience (FB, websites, YouTube, Instagram, blogs, newsletters, audio)
- Is committed to advancing progressive policies
- Understands the issues that the U.S.-based Latinx community faces
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is adept at enhancing stories with audio, videos, gifs, images, and other multimedia, and is comfortable using a variety of technology tools, such as Photoshop, Canva, Slack
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
We prefer someone who:
- Is familiar with Facebook ads, Messenger bots, Wordpress, Photoshop
- Has a knack for curating social media spaces and loves engaging with customers
- Has experience editing/creating podcasts and videos
- Is fluent in Spanish ---Has a sense of humor!
Salary & Benefits:
- $40,000-$50,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums, fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with a 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Application Instructions: To apply please upload your resume, tell us more about your experience and share examples of your work using this application form: http://bit.ly/328xiCi.