How you will contribute to our Cause: The Y’s cause is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well. As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will play an integral role in the development, execution, and maintenance of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that amplifies the YMCAs cause and community impact.
This role includes content creation, social media oversight, data analysis and reporting. In your role you will work to further define the YMCA of Austin’s digital voice, in an effort to evolve and elevate the Y’s digital presence and increase community engagement/participation in membership, programs, volunteerism, philanthropy and storytelling. The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a full-time role based out the Association Offices.
What are the core details?
- Develop, manage and maintain annual digital marketing strategy and editorial/content calendar for all association-wide social media sites.
- Plans should integrate and align with marketing/communications strategies, as well as departmental and association-level goals and initiatives.
- Plans should create and maintain a relevant digital presence and voice, and actively engage users
- Create and post new digital content daily in alignment with organizational campaigns and initiatives.
- Collaborate with a digital marketing agency and YMCA Art Director to develop and implement strategic, integrated marketing campaigns
- Monitor content posted on branch-specific social media platforms to ensure timeliness, accuracy, best practices, brand compliance and consistency with other association-wide promotional efforts
- Advise branch staff of best practices/strategy and oversee onboarding of all designated social media liaisons.
- Provide ongoing support, feedback, and training
- Gather and analyze the website and social media data, prepares weekly/monthly updates and reports for marketing/communications teams, making recommendations to the overall content, audience, and strategy
- Understand and implement segmentation and A/B testing strategies for digital channels and email platforms, in collaboration with Associate Director or Member Experience
- Research digital, social media and technology trends and makes recommendations as to how trends may influence and contribute to organizational needs
- Operate with discretion to identify issues and opportunities in user-generated content.
- Serve as co-editor and curator of YMCA blog.
- Identifies and outlines opportunities for contributed/curated content from existing and potential community partners for blog
- Identify and create strategy for collaboration with social media influencers and bloggers aligned with Y programmatic and community objectives Provide digital strategy for, and coverage of, special projects and events
- Additional, relevant duties as assigned
What you bring to the Cause:
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism or related field with 2-3 years of professional experience.
- You have a strong understanding of appropriate content and audiences across digital channels.
- You have a working knowledge of graphic design software and familiarity with standard CMS platforms, such as Drupal and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Being Facebook and Google-certified is a bonus.
- You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can tailor your communication to the appropriate audience.
- You can effectively facilitate individual and group trainings and mentor/coach colleagues.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Organized and Productive:
- You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Asana, is a plus.
- You have strong troubleshooting, data, and analytic skills.
- You can quickly assess association processes and assist in developing new approaches to support strategies and goals.
You embrace new approaches and creative thinking to assess and implement effective processes related to employee, operational, and organizational performance.
- You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve the organization’s functional capacity.
- You can articulate desired outcomes and work collaboratively to create a path to achieving them.
You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our Cause
Sense of humor:
- You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment
- The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included.
- It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply to www.AustinYMCAJobs.org.