Accelerate Change is seeking an experienced and innovative Digital Campaigner who can partner with our growing social ventures with the goal of improving civic participation and progressive voter turnout. You will be expected to use your creativity, your ability to use digital tools effectively, and your willingness to collaborate across teams to build political power with diverse communities and scale voter registration campaigns in the buildup to the 2020 elections and beyond.
Accelerate Change is seeking an experienced and innovative Digital Campaigner who can partner with our growing social ventures with the goal of improving civic participation and progressive voter turnout. You will be expected to use your creativity, your ability to use digital tools effectively, and your willingness to collaborate across teams to build political power with diverse communities and scale voter registration campaigns in the buildup to the 2020 elections and beyond. Here’s what you can expect to do as a Digital Campaigner:
- Online voter registration campaign strategy: You’ll work with the team to hone in on the most efficient and impactful strategies for voter registration across various digital platforms including Facebook Ads, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, among others.
- Lean experimentation: You should be ready to hit the ground running and be able to design and implement a series of lean experiments alongside our partners. You’ll run focused, carefully designed tests with the goal of scaling our impact.
- Data analysis: You’ll also be analyzing data from experiments that you and your teammates have run to inform overall strategy and future tests.
We’ll also look for the Digital Campaigner to:
- TBD: Take on additional responsibilities and pitch in to help meet the evolving needs of our growing team. Given our lean experimentation approach and our work with partners at various stages of growth, flexibility and comfort with change are key components of our work.
- Serve as a resource to our network of partners, including sharing best practices, training, convening, and troubleshooting. We use a co-staffing model with our partners where we’re collaborators working side-by-side to help where needed, not consultants prescribing solutions.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and learning new skills. In our fast-paced, unstructured environment, we love it when staff first try to figure things out on their own and then ask for help if they’re stuck.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen their skills on current/emerging platforms and with lean startup methodology. We take an individualized approach to growth where staff advocate for development opportunities that align with their interests and the team’s priorities.
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social justice. Accelerate Change is a mission-driven organization focused on progressive social change and social justice, with a focus on communities of color. We’re looking for someone who wants to work with a truly diverse set of progressive causes, including: building voter turnout of Black folks and Latinx folks, running criminal justice campaigns, increasing donations for environmental nonprofits, helping bombard senators with calls to increase women’s rights, designing English lessons for immigrants, organizing with labor unions, and more. You have a demonstrated commitment to social justice work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- 3+ years experience with key responsibilities. We’re looking for someone who has at least 3 years of experience in running digital campaigns, ideally focused on civic participation.
- Experience with a variety of digital tools and platforms. You are proficient in using several of the following platforms and tools to accomplish business goals: Facebook Messenger, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Facebook Pages, SMS, Email, Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Comfortable with lean experimentation and data analysis. You’re proficient with spreadsheet and excited to wield your number-power for social change. Having a discussion about results from A/B testing, recent CTRs, and target CPAs is not foreign to you.
- Work independently and value being part of a team. You’re known as someone who gets things done, whether your task is creative or more technical. You prefer a mix of working on your own projects and thought partnering and learning from colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You’d be comfortable working remotely with team members based all over the country and you’re no stranger to video calls.
- $45,000-$55,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time in a week. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as you’re able to join on all the necessary meetings. Want to work more one day and less the next? Fine by us. Work better in the middle of the night than during the afternoon? Go for it. Need to shift your hours to be able to pick up your kid from school? All good.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScyWbOMfnWTsiY_GlbRWT4t_JIjbtXZdcqqgLsPVlrn7rvJpw/viewform