The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Austin (YNPN Austin) provides accessible professional development opportunities that empower young leaders and advance the nonprofit community. Our vision is a cultivated network of engaged young leaders that meets the diverse needs of the greater Austin nonprofit community.
Position: Development Vice-Chair
The Development Vice-Chair of the YNPN Austin is responsible for assisting the Development Chair in securing funds for the organization in the forms of individual gifts and sponsorships as well as overseeing the execution of the Do Gooder Games along with the Do Gooder Games Vice-Chair. YNPN Austin is a volunteer-managed organization and the Vice-Chair is responsible for supporting daily operations.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive committee in establishing annual fundraising goals
- Establish and implement a year-round development strategy to achieve annual goals and plan for the future of the organization
- Collaborate with the Do Gooder Games Committee to ensure fundraising goals are met for annual event and event runs smoothly
- Ensure all sponsors/donors are appropriately recognized for their contribution
- Collaborate with the Communications committee to create web advertising opportunities
Leadership and Oversight
- Chair Development committee meetings with support from the Development Chair
- Attend a minimum of three Board of Directors meetings annually
- Attend Do Gooder committee meetings, when necessary
- Implement YNPN Austin’s strategic plan
- Regularly measure performance and effectiveness of YNPN Austin using the metrics created by the Board of Directors
- Operate committee within the approved budget
- Assist in identifying and recruiting other committee members that reflect the community YNPN Austin serves
- Represent YNPN Austin to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure YNPN Austin’s commitment to diverse committee
- Support fundraising efforts and consider YNPN Austin a philanthropic priority
Term and Participation
YNPN Austin Vice-Chairs serve a 1-year term and, if interested, are eligible for Board service upon the completion of that term. Vice-Chair service is not a guarantee of being elected to the Board of Directors. The estimated monthly expectations for the Development Vice-Chair is 10-12 hours, including the committee meetings and events. Time may decrease or increase month to month.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about YNPN Austin’s mission. Ideal candidates for Development Vice-Chair will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the Austin Non-Profit community.
- Able to meet prescribed project deadlines.
- Interest in nonprofit development and fundraising strategy.
Applications close on October 11, 2015.