Organization: Located in Austin, Texas, Shoal Creek Conservancy (SCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2013 with the mission of championing the 13-square-mile Shoal Creek watershed and the creek and trail running through it. We engage in thoughtful public and private partnerships, lead fun and meaningful programming and advocate for improvements that make Shoal Creek and the Shoal Creek Trail safer, more accessible and more inspiring for all Austinites. For more information, please visit www.shoalcreekconservancy.org. Job Description: SCC is seeking an experienced development professional to grow our fundraising programs and annual revenue. Our small team is experiencing a time of growth in our on-the-ground improvement projects and community engagement programs, and we need a dedicated, excited team member to support these efforts and ensure funding for their continued success.
The Development Manager will oversee fundraising programs, including major individual gifts, monthly recurring donations, corporate sponsorships, special event sponsorships and grants. This position will also have the opportunity to work closely with other members of the team and evolve our fundraising programs, so they best reflect our mission and donor base. The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director (ED) and work with the ED to build relationships with donors and sponsors. The Development Manager will work with our Projects and Policy Manager to complete grant applications. The Development Manager will also be the key staff liaison to the Development Committee. Shoal Creek Conservancy leverages public dollars through private donations.
Our current model does not include funding capital improvement projects. The Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
● Craft annual Development Plan with ED and team
● Lead implementation of annual Development Plan
● Manage the giving cycle for individual gifts, corporate gifts, and event sponsorships, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and sponsors
● Donor relations and stewardship of all donors, including foundations
● Manage grant deadlines and communicate grant content needs/deadlines to the team.
● Assist in prioritizing key actions for the Executive Director and Development Committee members in engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and sponsors
● Strategize and research growth opportunities for corporate sponsorships, monthly recurring donors, major individual gifts (Headwaters Circle) and grants.
● Mentor/train fundraising volunteers
● Manage annual fundraising event, the Shoal Creek Social
● Lead private fundraising events for Headwaters Circle (manage volunteers and Office Administrator on logistics)
● Work with Office Administrator in donor database maintenance, donor acknowledgement
● Coordinate with Programs Coordinator to implement donor recognition in social media/newsletter
● Manage annual fundraising campaigns, including Amplify Austin, Giving Tuesday and End of Year campaign.
Select and manage vendors; craft campaign copy for social media, emails, and direct mail; oversee campaign execution from start to finish. Qualifications At least 5 years professional work experience At least 2 years of professional experience in a development role Demonstrated successful track record soliciting individual and corporate gifts Confidence speaking with donors and crafting organizational messaging Experience making direct, face to face asks Excellent time management and written communication skills Experience organizing and tracking donations and donors in a database Experience with grant writing is a plus, but not a requirement Willingness to work in a small office setting Infectious enthusiasm and optimism Be familiar with using Word, Excel and CRM software Available for a full-time, 40-hour work week Available to work occasional evenings and weekends Anticipated start date in early February 2020
Starting salary: $55,000/year, including health insurance reimbursement, paid time off and paid holidays.