As Development Director, you will bring your outgoing personality, love of people, and passion for the environment to our growing nonprofit. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as TreeFolks continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the fundraising function. This is a full time position with benefits. Some evening and weekend work required, particularly in the spring and fall.
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its 25 year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than 2 million trees to shade urban streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air and water, and reforest Central Texas after natural disasters such as the Bastrop County fires and the Blanco River Memorial Day Floods.
- Develop and execute TreeFolks’ annual fundraising plan, identifying revenue sources to support the organization’s mission
- Responsible for building major gift pipeline, working closely with fund development committee and ED to determine best solicitation plan and moves management for leadership prospects.
- Lead the development fund committee and facilitate monthly meetings
- Maintain up-to-date records through Salesforce CRM for all fundraising and donor activities
- Manage full or part time staff
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and corporate sponsors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- In coordination with the ED and development committee, manage all aspects of the annual Root Ball fundraising event
- Serve as TreeFolks’ primary point of contact for EarthShare’s workplace giving campaign
- Work with community manager to create meaningful engagement, cultivation, and stewardship opportunities for prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Keep informed of new information regarding research findings, issues, trends and needs as related to fundraising methodologies
- Assist the Operations Director with grants management as needed
- Assure TreeFolks and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or related
- Management experience required
- An appreciation for the environment and trees
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM software preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly through written correspondence
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work with a wide array of personality types and community partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work some Saturdays and occasional evening meetings
- Maintain a Texas driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to contribute and work as a team member within the organization.
Application Deadline: open until filled
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. No phone calls.