Glimmer is hiring a full-time development coordinator at our headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and effective communicator to be a part of our communications and fundraising team. The ideal candidate has two to five years’ experience. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia. For more information, visit www.glimmer.org.
Development Coordinator - A Glimmer of Hope
- Strong project management: The development coordinator will effectively manage project timelines and deliverables within and outside of the communications/ development team. The ability to constantly prioritize, produce high-quality work and meet deadlines is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Effective writer: Organized and clear writing ability is required. Must be able to develop clear, detailed content describing impacts, as well as compelling stories, messaging and social media copy.
- Creative mind: The development coordinator will assist with developing creative ideas for sharing Glimmer’s approach and impact with various audiences. A good eye for graphic design and experience in Adobe programs is a plus.
- Strategic self-starter: To be successful, this position requires the ability to think critically about the best ways to reach our goals and the curiosity and initiative to effectively explore leads.
- Collaborative: Partnership in creating and executing plans and working across teams and offices effectively are key aspects of this role.
- Manage donor reporting and fundraising priorities and implement supporting projects.
- Support the writing and development of grant reports.
- Conduct research to inform our fundraising and program strategies.
- Serve as in-house copyeditor.
- Manage digital and print assets.
- Develop photography and video shot lists and interview questions, and evaluate content gathered in the field to support donor reporting.
- Draft copy and select impactful photographs for blog posts, annual reports, one pagers and end of year campaigns.
- Synthesize programmatic information and data into clear, concise content for print and online channels.
- Execute minor graphic design and video editing projects using Adobe programs.
- Manage intern program for team.
- Develop social media strategy and content and manage channels.
- Distribute daily news on Ethiopian current events.
Pay range (if available)
Application Instructions *
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our office in Austin, Texas. Bachelor’s degree required. Please submit a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background with salary requirements and a resume to the link found at https://glimmer.org/development-coordinator. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Do you like this post?