Preservation Austin is looking for a motivated self-starter to shape this new position and help grow our nonprofit. The Development and Communications Coordinator will join a passionate, dedicated community of advocates including the Executive Director, Board of Directors, volunteer committees, and strong membership base to enhance our presence community-wide. Ancillary benefits include experiencing incredible historic spaces while working to preserve what makes Austin so unique. This is an opportunity to make a difference!
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Basic Function: To develop and implement fundraising strategies, including donor cultivation, special events, membership development, and public information/marketing efforts -- Applications are due July 19, 2019. --
1. General Development and Fundraising Strategies
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Committee to create and implement a system for funder identification and recruitment, with an emphasis on resource diversification (individuals, foundations, public entities, and corporations);
- Identify target strategies and establish timelines for engaging and soliciting funding support from identified resources;
- Prepare proposals and/or grant applications to secure support for priority projects and programs as identified by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors;
- Provide necessary oversight and reporting to fulfill donor requirements.
2. Membership Development
- Plan and implement strategic membership development efforts to increase the organization’s annual giving base at all membership levels;
- Manage and expand the annual membership drive, end-of-year appeal, and fundraising efforts such as Amplify Austin and Giving Tuesday;
- Plan and implement membership cultivation and outreach programs, including events, meetings, and other programs as identified by Executive Director and Board of Directors, including a robust system of prospect cultivation.
3. Special Events and Marketing/Communications
- Assist Executive Director, Board of Directors, and committees in planning and implementing major fundraising events, including the annual Homes Tour and Preservation Merit Awards Celebration;
- Identify strategies to increase revenue, visibility, attendance, and corporate sponsorships;
- Coordinate sponsorships and fulfill sponsor benefits related to major annual fundraisers;
- Staff the organization’s Grants Committee, manage application and related public relations and recognition of grantees;
- Manage all social media content to expand the organization’s reach and maintain frequent communications with members and constituents.
4. Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of development experience, including in institutional fundraising, membership development, special events, and communications. Previous experience with capital campaigns a plus. Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills needed, along with a familiarity with donor-tracking software and attention to detail.
The Development and Communications Coordinator is a full-time position. All candidates should be comfortable working in a small office setting and available to work a flexible schedule which includes some evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience Benefits: Medical, dental, personal, sick, holiday leave in accordance with Preservation Austin policies
Expected Start Date: August 2019
Apply: Applications are due July 19, 2019. Please visit https://www.preservationaustin.org/about-us/staff/development-and-communications-coordinator-position-now-open for details.