Organization: Literacy Coalition of Central Texas
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Adult Education
About the Organization: The Literacy Coalition of Central Texas is a medium-sized, dynamic, progressive, and quickly growing non-profit organization in Austin, Texas that improves the quality and availability of literacy services and interventions in Central Texas. We support and grow community literacy programs outside the public K-12 educational system, including adult literacy, GED classes, English language instruction for adults, family and early childhood literacy programs, and specialized literacy skill-building for health literacy, computer literacy, workplace literacy and financial literacy. The Literacy Coalition creates a more literate Central Texas by providing the resources necessary to address this under-funded network of vital programs. We connect literacy organizations in our region to the funding, advocacy, professional development and service support as well as operating our own instructional programming, including an adult learning center and multi-site parenting and ESL classes.
This position requires a person with Salesforce database administration and back-end experience who is flexible, detail-oriented, service-minded, and passionate about community service. The ideal candidate will collaborate and communicate with the various program staff including but not limited to Adult Education, English @ Work and Workforce Infusion in providing the proposed solutions for their specific Salesforce needs. The ideal candidate is able to communicate technical details to coworkers with varying technical backgrounds. A positive attitude is a must.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administration and implementation of our Salesforce database platform; maintain other databases required by funding contracts
- Project manage the transition from Salesforce classic to Literacy Nimbus to include all the technical changes and provide training for the staff
- Ensure data integrity, focusing on managing duplicates and adhering to data standards practices
- Maintain internal documentation of system configuration and administrative processes
- Work closely with Programs staff to understand needs and implement requests
- Experience with SFDC administrative tools such as managing users, data management, generating reports, dashboards, communication templates, tasks and events
- Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features and best practices. Make recommendations to management regarding implementation as appropriate.
- Evaluate operations activities; make recommendations for and implement improvements
- In-office technical support for software and equipment
- Provide support to Operations in managing contracts
- Bachelor’s degree, and 1-3 yrs. relevant work experience
- Experience as a Salesforce or other database administrator
- Proven experience defining and improving processes and procedures
- Strong attention to detail, but with an ability to think strategically
- A positive, collaborative, problem-solving approach to work
- Proven ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience or ability to learn Salesforce Literacy Cloud
- Project Management experience a plus
Hours and Location: Full-time, non-exempt employee at 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Pay Range $38,000 - $43,000, based on experience, plus excellent benefits, including fully covered health insurance, dental, short-term disability, and generous paid time off & holidays. Professional, innovative and fast-paced work environment, yet truly family-friendly and flexible.
The Literacy Coalition of Central Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered.