Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas (VLS) wants YOU to join our growing team of mission-driven, passionate professionals. Our vision - poverty is not a barrier to justice – fuels our mission to assist the most vulnerable in our community gain access to the civil justice system by matching them with pro bono attorneys who provide critical legal advice and representation. From providing individuals and families in need with free basic civil legal services to supporting and training a growing network of attorney volunteers, VLS is transforming Central Texas through the power of pro bono.
Community Relations Specialist - Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
POSITION SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Community Relations Director, the CR Associate will support VLS community relations, including volunteer and community outreach activities.
• Serve as organizational point of contact for new and existing volunteers;
• Maintain legal clinic schedules via VolunteerHub and the website and resolve clinic scheduling conflicts;
• Coordinate logistics for CLE trainings, including promotion, tracking attendance, staffing trainings, and maintaining training calendar via VolunteerHub and website;
• Identify volunteer recognition opportunities and assist CR Director with the planning and execution of volunteer appreciation opportunities and special events;
• Support CR Director in the development and implementation of a plan to regularly solicit feedback from volunteers;
• Maintain record of VLS appreciation gifts and prepare/deliver gifts;
• Coordinate and staff some daytime outreach legal clinics in Travis County;
• Staff weekly evening legal advice and intake clinic in Austin; • Assist in the development and distribution of outreach materials;
• Maintain data and assist CR Director in the development of program outcomes and reports; and • Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS Degree required;
• 2 years’ experience in the field of volunteer management/public relations/client relations or equivalent combination of experience, education and training;
• Personal volunteer experience and commitment to volunteerism in community service; and
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, as well as experience using volunteer management or other client database.
Pay range (if available)
Application Instructions *
To apply send a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line: Community Relations Associate.
Do you like this post?