The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Austin (YNPN Austin) provides accessible professional development opportunities that empower young leaders and advance the nonprofit community. Our vision is a cultivated network of engaged young leaders that meets the diverse needs of the greater Austin nonprofit community.
Position: Communications Vice-Chair
The Communications Vice-Chair of the YNPN Austin is responsible for assisting to manage the Communications Committee, as well as all internal and external communication efforts. YNPN Austin is a volunteer-managed organization and the Vice-Chair is responsible for supporting daily operations.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Assists the Chair in managing the Communications Committee and leading committee meetings.
- Assists in oversight of committee communication.
- Assists in management of YNPN Austin website.
- Oversees the publishing of monthly email digest to membership base.
- Sends special notifications to membership base, as needed.
- Markets and promotes YNPN events social media presence and other channels.
- Maintains strict branding guidelines on all YNPN materials.
- Attends YNPN’s monthly professional development events when available.
Leadership and Oversight
- Chair Communications committee meetings with support from the Communications Chair
- Attend a minimum of three Board of Directors meetings annually
- Implement YNPN Austin’s strategic plan
- Regularly measure performance and effectiveness of YNPN Austin using the metrics created by the Board of Directors
- Operate committee within the approved budget
- Assist in identifying and recruiting other committee members that reflect the community YNPN Austin serves
- Represent YNPN Austin to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure YNPN Austin’s commitment to a diverse committees
- Support fundraising efforts and consider YNPN Austin a philanthropic priority
Term and Participation
YNPN Austin Vice-Chairs serve a 1-year term and, if interested, are eligible for Board service upon the completion of that term. Vice-Chair service is not a guarantee of being elected to the Board of Directors. The estimated monthly expectations for the Communications Vice-Chair is 10-15 hours, including the committee meetings and events. Time may decrease or increase month to month.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about YNPN Austin’s mission.
Ideal candidates for Communications Vice-Chair will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and relish working on a dynamic team.
- Ability to be dependable, flexible, and have a great sense of humor.
- Experience maintaining an organizational web and social media presence – or willingness and ability to learn.
Applications close on October 11, 2015.